Can the boss interfere of what you do outside of work?

Well, just give yourself a little time, honey. You’ll become as bitter as I am. :wink:

What do you mean employers? Most foreigners aren’t legally allowed to have more than one employer. Laws such as this, if you trace the history of the foreign labor laws here, were made in part by paranoid bosses who wanted to prevent moonlighting.

[quote=“jeff”][quote=“Mr He”][quote=“MiakaW”]

damn, Mr. He. what do you do for a living, investigator?? Police??
Please don’t give my secret life away!! :wink:[/quote]

Coffe shop related stuff.

Teaching people how to extract a one-ounce shot of a heavenly fluid. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:[/quote]

You’re a sex therapist at a coffee shop?[/quote]

No, 1 ounce of a heavenly fluid is a short black, or espresso.

Maybe, but I’ll still be better looking.

More likely I’ll get old, wrinkled, and fat - but I’ll still be saying “it must be a misunderstanding, they promised me I don’t have to work Sundays any more.”

I read somewhere that you can now list more than one employer on your ARC. Can’t be bothered with the paperwork myself, but I believe it’s possible.

The people who pay me now all said things like “We hope you have another job so that you’re not hanging around begging for more hours all the time” when they hired me. I take that as a positive development, and so would you if you had ever worked for IACC.

The foreigners with open work permits based on marriage can have all the jobs they want - as long as the employers believe them. (Not a small problem at times).