Can you buy online from carrefour or any other supermarket?

Hi,
We’ve been going to carrefour for a year and a half already, preferably over the week cause weekends is just sick,
but now we don’t have time during the week any more.

So, we want to know if it’s possible to buy groceries online from carrefour or any other supermarkets.
Is there a minimum amount of money so they deliver home? Do they charge any extra fee? How much?
And finally, how do you do it? :unamused:

Thanks for the info

TTBOMK, if you exceed a certain amount of expenditure, like around $5k for Carrefour or something a bit less for Jason’s they will deliver, but you still have to go into the store to make the purchase. Courier fees from Jason’s are very reasonable. Delivery from Carrefour is free if you buy over $5k; I’ve only ordered wine from them, so I don’t know about delivering other stuff.

Futong, which makes hams and other meat products, will also deliver if you exceed a certain minimum, something like NT$500, adding only a small courier fee. You can see the stuff online, then place the order by phone. I seem to recall paying COD on that (for decent pepperoni).

Perhaps there’s a home shopping service niche here waiting to be filled? Proto_tw tried running a small estore with import grocery items briefly, and I was sorry to see that end.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]TTBOMK, if you exceed a certain amount of expenditure, like around $5k for Carrefour or something a bit less for Jason’s they will deliver, but you still have to go into the store to make the purchase. Courier fees from Jason’s are very reasonable. Delivery from Carrefour is free if you buy over $5k; I’ve only ordered wine from them, so I don’t know about delivering other stuff.

Futong, which makes hams and other meat products, will also deliver if you exceed a certain minimum, something like NT$500, adding only a small courier fee. You can see the stuff online, then place the order by phone. I seem to recall paying COD on that (for decent pepperoni).

Perhaps there’s a home shopping service niche here waiting to be filled? Proto_tw tried running a small estore with import grocery items briefly, and I was sorry to see that end.[/quote]

wow… really?
no store you can place the order online and just wait at home certain time frame???
that’s really odd… even in 3rd world countries you get this kind of service with just a little delivery fee
i sincerely hope you are wrong Dragonbones,
thanks anyway for the info

ps: and then you see ppl carrying WAY too many stuff in a scooter cuz they can’t afford/won’t spend that much on a taxi

[quote=“alcachofo”]wow… really?
no store you can place the order online and just wait at home certain time frame???[/quote]

I sincerely hope I’m wrong too. There might be such a store but I haven’t found it yet; not a large grocer, anyway. I have actually inquired at Jason’s and Futong, as posted above.

There are lots of things you can order online, either COD or after sending an ATM payment. These items include all kinds of household goods, cosmetics, clothing, jewelry, and so on. Taiwan has eBay-like sites. You can order coffee to be delivered, if you buy a certain minimum. I’ve seen people order whole cases of certain kinds of nicer produce to be delivered.

:laughing: If my scooter can carry it safely, why should I bother on round-trip taxi fare? I take a taxi when my scooter can’t carry it. :idunno:

Doesn’t Costco has an online order service for Business Card Holders?

It is indeed odd - in a Center of Convinience called Taiwan that not one Chain (Cash & Carry most likely) has invented this service yet.
I smell some money to be made here :bow:

Uhm, I guess it’s cause most people here don’t buy much in supermarkets, or am I wrong here?
I thought most people here lived of the local restaurants and/or 7-11 and friends.

Ok, that might be going a bit far, but then again, I guess people here aren’t as lazy as some westerners either.
It’s not really that much of a chore going to the super market and you can at least pick the stuff you want, rather than have someone pick it for you and get a bunch of crap delivered.

And no, there’s no cash to be made from it, well, at least that wasn’t the case for the supermarkets when I lived in the UK, most of them lost out money on the service, as they delivered the wrong goods, customer wanted replacements for damaged goods etc. as the drivers didn’t give too much of a shit. And at £5 extra a time…

Anyhow, good luck to anyone trying this here. Costco does deliver to business customers, but no online shop.

Go to gohappy.com.tw/shopping/1/s/11/?sid=11 It belongs to the same group in charge of Geant, Far Eastern, SOGO, City Super. You use your Go Happy card and that’s it.
Home: www.gohappy.com.tw

My Taiwanese friends shop for everything, including toilet paper, at yahoo Kimo. They claim it is cheaper.

And in Third World countries they charge for everything…

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Carrefour Order Online in English, Free Shipping!

OK, in summary, we furriners can buy online supermarket stuff at:

Carrefour
Costco
PC Home
Yahoo Kimo
Go Happy

Please add