Can you explain this ad?

Well, you know what they say . . . .

HG

[quote=“Poagao”]

I’d say the Taiwanese don’t have all of the Puritan hangups about homosexuality that westerners, in particular Americans, do.[/quote]
Well put.

[quote=“arion”]Appearing now around Taipei:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aep/401991504/

[/quote]

I always thought the guy on the bottom right was there trying to shoot the gay guys.

:rainbow:
Matt

Completly agree. I do think the Taiwanese are less homophobic. But there is no macho-ism in the culture. Its a country full of nerds with glasses. Every guy here is a metrosexual who would consider wearing a ‘man-bag’.

As TomHill so aptly put it, Taiwanese Culture needs to “Man-up”

[quote=“Poagao”]
I’d say the Taiwanese don’t have all of the Puritan hangups about homosexuality that westerners, in particular Americans, do.[/quote]

Completely agree with you. But nor do the Chinese have any deep sense of morality. Look at the way:

• animals are treated
  • the environment is treated
  • lying is a normal natural everyday part of the culture
  • relationships / marriages are more commonly based more on status than any concept such as love

Some of things I’ve state above are a little black and white, and I know that nothing is truly black and white. Yes they are generalisations.

I am sure to rile a few people with what I’ve written, but I’ve been here long enough to know that the 4 things listed above have a level of truth that has been a concern for more than a few foreigners.

[quote=“Tyc00n”]… But nor do the Chinese have any deep sense of morality. Look at the way:

• animals are treated
  • the environment is treated
  • lying is a normal natural everyday part of the culture
  • relationships / marriages are more commonly based more on status than any concept such as love

Some of things I’ve state above are a little black and white, and I know that nothing is truly black and white. Yes they are generalisations.

I am sure to rile a few people with what I’ve written, but I’ve been here long enough to know that the 4 things listed above have a level of truth that has been a concern for more than a few foreigners.[/quote]
checking pulse Nope, not riled up at all.

Completly agree. I do think the Taiwanese are less homophobic. But there is no macho-ism in the culture. Its a country full of nerds with glasses. Every guy here is a metrosexual who would consider wearing a ‘man-bag’.

As TomHill so aptly put it, Taiwanese Culture needs to “Man-up”[/quote]
I don’t see this as a bad thing. Macho-ism only impresses men. Every time I see a macho man, I assume he has a small penis.

• deleted, not worth a debate

what i find funny is that everytime something is strange its like “oh but then its TAiwan” like Taiwan is somehow immune to most of the worlds standards, opinions and what not (and i think thats probably often accurate by the way). But it IS funny

hfg

[quote]Every time I see a macho man, I assume he has a small penis.[/quote]Oooooh! You take that BACK! I do NOT have a small willy. It’s just well-proportioned. Got that?

But anyway, if Taiwanese society is really so much less homophobic, how come there are so few out of the closet gays? Admit to being gay and there’s a good chance you’ll lose your family, your job, maybe your rental apartment, be accused of spreading AIDS, etc. I’d call that pretty fucking homophobic, myself.

How strange, everytime I see a feminist, I assume she wants a big penis.

Maybe the pressure here just comes from a different aspect of society here, more from traditional Confucian values rather than Western homophobia. There’s a lot of pressure to just fit in and not do anything to rock the boat here. While there’s a lot less of that particular kind of pressure in Western countries, there is also more insecurity regarding men’s masculinity.

[quote=“almondbiscuit”]

i like Taiwanese guys (of my generation) bc they aren’t as macho and ‘man’. you get those abc dudes who are all crazy about working out and bulking up and exerting their powerful manly personalities.[/quote]

Ah. ABCs. I know one back home that is almost 2M tall, works out like crazy, eats burgers with fried eggs on them, and then spends half an hour vomiting it up in the bathroom. Bulimia is such a turn on…

Especially when they’re giving you a blowjob.

How strange, everytime I see a feminist, I assume she wants a big penis.[/quote]

But how do you know she’s a feminist just from looking? I know that with men, you usually have to wait 'til they open their mouths before you know whether they are a big dick or not. Not always though, granted.

[quote=“Buttercup”]

I know that with men, you usually have to wait 'til they open their mouths before you know whether they are a big dick or not. Not always though, granted.[/quote]

Not necessarily, sometimes there are clues. Drives a flashy sports car, struts not walks, leaves shirt unbuttoned to flash his chest hair, wears a medallion around that chest, has visible tattoos that spout macho slogans…basically looks and acts like a gorilla.

Gorillas, as you may know, have penises that are quite disproportional to their large size. Male gorillas walk around with a scowl on their face because they have three-inch dicks and only get laid once or twice a year. I think that explains a lot of human males’ aggressiveness as well.

How strange, everytime I see a feminist, I assume she wants a big penis.[/quote]

And what kind of woman doesn’t?

Non-feminists, presumably. Doormats get laid badly.

As TomHill so aptly put it, Taiwanese Culture needs to “Man-up”[/quote]

Thanks buddy, I stole it from Edgar Allen, who stole it from Denzel Washington.