šŸ˜· COVID - Can you use public transport during 7 days self - health check period?

Hi everyone, sorry but i coulndā€™t find the exact answer.

Iā€™ve been awarded an Huayu Scholarship and iā€™ll start my study period in Kaohsiung by the 9th of March.

As i was scrolling thu the flight options, i saw that landing in Taipei would be a lot easier and cheaper than landing in Kaohsiung. As an example, same ticketsā€™ price range would give me a 2 layovers - 35 hours flight to land in Kaohsiung, while by landing in Taipei i would get a 1 layover - 15 hours flight, which is definetely a better solution.
My question is, after the 15 days quarantine period is over, will i be able to travel to Kaohsiung by train while in the 7 days self - health check period?

Cheers!

2 Likes

The airport has quarantine buses that take you to Kaohsiung.

5 Likes

Fantastic news: this changes everything. Cheers!

1 Like

When I saw it on Friday, the price was fixed at $400.

I wish they gave me those deals at Taipei Main Station. Geezā€¦ I gotta get quarantined again to take advantage of that! I think itā€™s $570 to go to Kaohsiung from Taipei Main on a normal bus.

Just book your quarantine and the government will take care of everything for you cause they donā€™t want you running around potentially spreading it.

3 Likes

I was given the following instructions when I finalised my quarantine and started the 7-day ā€œself managementā€: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/LpahKLHrSbDVv7zfGeOeWw

Public transport is only prohibited if you experience symptoms and need to seek medical advice.

Main rules are always to wear a mask when outside, and avoid public gatherings, incl. eating out at restaurants, going to bars and other crowded spaces.

4 Likes

Book your quarantine hotel in kenting, get the quarantine taxi to take you there ( at a fixed price) do your 7 days self management on the beach.

1 Like

You can take public transit after quarantine (after 14 days) during the 7 days of self-management, but it is recommended to avoid unnecessary travel or public gatherings.

One thing to note, you cannot enter a hospital in the 7 days of self health management (they will scan your NHI card at the entrance).