Canada D'eh Party on Danshui's Shalun Beach, Sat June 27

For all those interested in beach parties, DJ’s, alcohol, and boring but nice people who are proud of their health care system, please accept all Canadians’ sincerest and warmest invitation to attend this year’s

[color=#FF0000]
CANADA D’EH BEACH PARTY
[/color]
Saturday June 27th, at Shalun Beach in Danshui.

THIS IS A DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN IN PAST YEARS!!

It’s much easier to get to.

And hell no, that typhoon ain’t gonna crash the party!

BABES! BEER! CANUCKS! Yeeeeehaw!

Everyone is welcome.

Here’s the Canuck Society link:
http://www.canadiansociety.org/candeh/

Oh yes, forgot to say that the food is supposed to be a lot better this year, and also the beer won’t be Budweiser, like last year!

Would love to attend, Mr BigJohn, but have farkin’ school performances. :cry: :beer:

Well, at least you won’t be wasting your time getting drunk on the beach, but instead doing something truly useful and meaningful.

Need to highlight DIFFERENT location from last year. Good think I heard it from friends or I would of been at the other place.

Yes tango42, I edited my OP to highlight that.

I really liked the old location, but I guess some people thought it was too out-of-the-way.

Do non-Canucks need to utter a secret password to get in, like “I’m soory, we’re aboot oot of beer”? :slight_smile:

We’ll try and make it over. What’s the cost?

Tomas, you have been fooled by those South Park meth-heads into thinking that Canadians speak like Scots!

Canucky-talk is like northern Yankee-talk, less nasal than New Englanders, with fewer yeehaws and references to shooting things or Christianity. We make more references to government funding and do say “eh” about as often as Obama says the word “change.”

The secret password to get in is: “I ain’t no pantywaist, eh!”

The cost is about 600NT, which includes two free drinks. There is a special family deal for 2 adults + 2 kids which is much cheaper per head.

Alternatively, you can sneak in and steal food and alcohol, which is my plan. It’s worked like a charm for 4 years running!

Actually, I find that most Canucks say “sorry” (rhymes with lorry), and most Americans say “sarry” (rhymes with starry). YMMV :2cents:

That’s true Maoman.

Yanks also say the word “roof” as “ruf”, while we say “rooof”.

We also have a verb tense called the Present Perfect, in which we would say, “I have gone there” while yanks would say, “I have went there”.

[quote=“BigJohn”]Tomas, you have been fooled by those South Park meth-heads into thinking that Canadians speak like Scots!

Canucky-talk is like northern Yankee-talk, less nasal than New Englanders, with fewer yeehaws and references to shooting things or Christianity. We make more references to government funding and do say “eh” about as often as Obama says the word “change.”

The secret password to get in is: “I ain’t no pantywaist, eh!”

The cost is about 600NT, which includes two free drinks. There is a special family deal for 2 adults + 2 kids which is much cheaper per head.

Alternatively, you can sneak in and steal food and alcohol, which is my plan. It’s worked like a charm for 4 years running![/quote]

so you’re actually encouraging us to not pay the door charge? how perverse of you…you realise of course if everyone does this then there won’t be a party next year? :sunglasses:

Glad to see that people are getting ready for a great day on the beach. I’m helping them organize the beach soccer tournament and we’re having our own little mini-World Cup with CTFA refs and everything. It should be good fun and a nice change of pace since we rarely play with teammates from our own country. It should be fun and a nice change of pace since we rarely play with teammates from our own country.

Group Stage
1:00pm Gambia vs. Taiwan
1:20pm Canada vs. Japan
1:40pm USA vs. Gambia
2:00pm Canada vs. England
2:20pm Taiwan vs. USA
2:40pm Japan vs. England

Knock-out stage
3:00pm 3rd place A vs. 3rd place B
3:40pm A1 vs. B2 --> Winner goes to finals
4:00pm B1 vs. A2 --> Winner goes to finals

4:20pm FINALS and then awards ceremony with Kevin from Carnegie’s presenting the Championship Trophy after.

From 4:30 on it will be open play . There will be a sign up sheet at the field.

[quote=“the bear”]
so you’re actually encouraging us to not pay the door charge? how perverse of you…you realise of course if everyone does this then there won’t be a party next year? :sunglasses:[/quote]

Obviously I was joking, numb nuts!

BTW, the latest typhoon track forecast has it hitting near HK, and as a much weakened storm. No threat to the party. I was worried about some over-hyped sea and land warnings closing the beach but that now thankfully is not going to happen.

What time is the bikini contest? Or is that basically an all-day event?

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“the bear”]
so you’re actually encouraging us to not pay the door charge? how perverse of you…you realise of course if everyone does this then there won’t be a party next year? :sunglasses:[/quote]

Obviously I was joking, numb nuts!

BTW, the latest typhoon track forecast has it hitting near HK, and as a much weakened storm. No threat to the party. I was worried about some over-hyped sea and land warnings closing the beach but that now thankfully is not going to happen.[/quote]

damn forgot to turn on the humor filter again…my bad :cactus:

ALL Music will now be Michael Jackson.

30% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.

Crossing my fingers. :neutral:

I believe Maoman and BigJohn will be strapping on their thongs and oiling up their manboobs around 2pm.

[quote=“krapht”]30% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.

Crossing my fingers. :neutral:[/quote]

Yeah me too! Hope the weather doesn’t turn people off.

Maybe we could just remind people that it is rainy season and even if showers do come, they usually leave fairly quickly as well.

And regarding the weather, I have to say after 15 months of life in Danshui, it has fewer and shorter spring and summer showers than in the Taipei basin. This is a statistical fact, of you look at the weather charts.

When it’s pouring in Neihu or Songshan, it is often clear here. The gateway to the drier North Coast weather seems to be once you clear Guandu / Guanyinshan.

But at that point, the girls also have more teeth missing,the sidewalks more dangerous, and the sewers much stinkier, so it’s a tradeoff really.