Canada Lowers the Bar for Legal, Assisted Suicide, includes poor

Canada in many ways is overrated. education, health care, environment etc. But it isnt Cambodia.

it’s not as bad as “Walmart shart in kumbaya groups listening to whale sounds or Greta’s Marxist fart-smelling greenspeak.”

:joy:

Hahaha (snort)

Fascinating that the Simons retail video (that I call Walmart shart combined with ecofarts) features an almost all white cast.

Ok for haute bourgeoisie white new- ager hippies in kumbaya groups to kill themselves (or white-trash fat-fuck whales in scooters as identified in the news articles) but not the diversity rainbow? Interesting indeed in such a white-bread approach to death. Afraid in woke times to have minorities choose the right to die too? Not very inclusive!!!

Elon? Is that you?

1 Like

3 Likes

Yikes…

TORONTO – In a prestigious medical journal, doctors from Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children have laid out policies and procedures for administering medically assisted death to children, including scenarios where the parents would not be informed until after the child dies.

Assisted suicide plans for children unveiled at Toronto’s Sick Kids hospital (catholicregister.org)

no meaningful ethical distinction between a patient choosing to refuse burdensome treatment and accepting an inevitable death versus patients who choose to die by chemical injection before the disease brings on death.

Doesn’t it then follow that everyone can just ask to be euthanized because we will all eventually die?

There’s also caretaker fatigue, where a caretaker becomes tired of taking care of someone and suggests the person get assisted suicide even if that person doesn’t want to die. It’s a dangerous slippery slope.

3 Likes

A thoughtful and informative discussion on the topic with Dr. Madeline Li, a professor in the Department of Psychiatry at University Health Network and a clinician and researcher in the Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto:

these are the realities that bring in lawyers and drive up the cost. It is a thing that could be used wrong WAY too easily. One of those things that is going to end up fucking up even though the intentions were good.

I still cant get off the fence ont his knew. it seems good, but a couple rounds of what ifs bouncing around my head it is easy to find incredibly horrific flaws and chances of abuse. a tough one.

I think most would agree it should be legal and allowed in hospital settings at cost to the patient and at least for obvious terminal diseases or situations. but publicly funded brings on another layer as does non immediately life threatening conditions.

No matter how much they spend on setting up the system I bet they get sued for more down the road :neutral_face:

1 Like

couldnt copy text, unfortunately.

Seems they likely misquoted. but this paragraph is a good example of a person twisting words and completely misrepresenting reality. Fairly sure all non-mentally ill members of society dont have the right to have the government pay for their suicide. That claim is just wacko.