Canadian Politics/News

And people were jailed for questioning vaccines? :clown_face: :cowboy_hat_face: Seems like they should be also questioning the efficiency of certain programs! Eva Chipiuk, BSc, LLB, LLM on X: “Something is seriously wrong here. The total amount allocated for the Vaccine Injury Support Program was $32,310,002.00, but the cost to administer the program was $20,310,002.00. Over 60% of the budget allocated for vaccine injury is going toward consultants administering the… https://t.co/1EHhGNIEca” / X (twitter.com)

Something is seriously wrong here. The total amount allocated for the Vaccine Injury Support Program was $32,310,002.00, but the cost to administer the program was $20,310,002.00.

Over 60% of the budget allocated for vaccine injury is going toward consultants administering the program, rather than benefiting the vaccine-injured individuals. This misallocation raises concerns about the effectiveness and purpose of the program.

It is alarming when the program costs more than the actual payout, highlighting a significant problem.

Let’s take a moment to reflect on the achievements of the government that truly impress us. Are the roads, permitting, healthcare, and safety measures up to par? Unfortunately, when the government lacks accountability and has unlimited resources, the outcomes are often unfavorable, resulting in losses for the general public.

1 Like

Have a source for those numbers? Would be a good one to share to the pro mandate crowds. But citing youtube and twitter is basically a non starter.

Trudeau’s vaccine compensation program funnels millions meant for victims to consultants (youtube.com)

Vaccine-injured Canadians have received $11.2 million in compensation for COVID jabs - Rebel News

Hard data:
Program Statistics | Vaccine Injury Support Program

2 Likes

Thanks. The first 2 opinion peices won’t go far in a conversation that has opposing views. The last link is where the meat is. Will check out tomorrow for the expenditure info

Very sad how the Trudeau Government is treating vets.

Nya Pfannerstill on X: “The Trudeau Govt gave $4Billion to grow gender equality in Syria and Iraq, while telling Canadian Veterans, it didn’t have any money to help with them with medical care #CanadaIsBroken https://t.co/BKhPx5F9Ju” / X (twitter.com)

1 Like

Munk Debates on the Trucker Protests. Not easy listening to those of us that are internationalists and thoroughly embarrassed by the strong arm tactics:

Josh Ryan :maple_leaf::apple: on X: “How the world views Justin Trudeau’s Canada. https://t.co/WSXo1abRfV” / X (twitter.com)

@TT has been following Canadian academia, but I don’t know enough about academia there to be surprised.

In fact, I really don’t follow much Canadian news but I did see this today. I don’t understand why Trudeau still is PM there.

2 Likes

It’s not really surprising. I haven’t been immersed in it for some years now, but the universities in Canada follow uncritically the fashions in the US. The largest minorities in Canada are East Asian, South Asian, and Native American. Having Blacks-only spaces but not for the others is just more DEI plagiarism (there are actually a lot of existing Indigenous spaces, but I doubt the swimming pool, and anyways I don’t mind giving them a hand up).

He keeps winning elections, is the short answer. The opposition Conservative party is in a better position now than they have been for a while (you can ask in the Canada politics thread for a list of reasons, if you’re interested), but the majority of Canadians aren’t interested in the opposition (again, for reasons that could be discussed in the other thread).

It is easy for Poilievre to complain about problems when he’s in the opposition, but he’s short on solutions.

2 Likes

Good looks, famous last name, and possibly son of Fidel Castro. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, i wrote this and then watched the video. Could have been the other way around!

1 Like

Political party out of power “everthing is the fault of the party in power” no matter how tenuous.

Political party in power “the political party out of power only know how to criticize and offer no solutions” despite them being out of power and not in a position to bring about change.

The tell tell sign of a partisan, someone who alternates their rehtoric depending on if their side is in power or not.

2 Likes

I think we can expect the politicians to do that, though, yeah?

Anyways, I think there needs to be an election in the next two years. At this time it is close, but lots can happen. Trudeau probably needs some kind of political win, or PP needs a big mistake, to see big changes in the polls.

I think most Canadians are bored of the Turdeau narrative, Castro and black face and so on. H
Thats will play well to a small segment of the population

Whatever happened to election reform?

I was with you on just about everthing you said above but what sort of election reforms do you think are needed in Canada?

It was an election promise he made

1 Like

And connecting to my recent links in peak woke and the scams/dreams Canada uni thread, there is this

Why should taxpayers ir international students pay more to support facilities such as swimming pools to which they have limited access?

And those are just smaller questions symptomatic of the larger disease…

Horny soccer moms in Ontario suburbs liked his hair, at least in previous elections. Yip, that’s the caliber of segments of the Canadian electorate. :cowboy_hat_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

It’s why i vote 3rd party.

Not many good options around in cunuckistan.

@TT what has happened to vote reform? I haven’t been following things recently, and I certainly haven’t heard that come up like it used to.

The most recent thing I’ve read was this, but it was kind of a nothing burger so i didn’t bother to post it

Reforms that would make Tammany Hall proud! :laughing:

See my theory that Obama was son of Jimi Hendrix. If you squint a little bit, the timelines fit- and that talent came from somewhere.

1 Like