Canadian vs American Characteristics

Tell that to a man from Anchorage!

Weird friggin’ thread.
In my experience most Americans have no negative or hostile feelings towards Canadians.
We think their money os funny, their beer is good, we do know what poutine and Tim Hortons are, adn think they really shouldn’t have a Major League Baseball Franchise but appreciate that since they do, they allow filming of “naughty acts” in the private suites in their stadium.
We saw how fast Wayne Gretsky moved to L.A. once he started making the big bucks and thought this was really tacky on his part.
The US movie industry has gone thru a phase of filming in Canada because of A) No Union requirements B)Its a damn sight cheaper and C) Locations looking like the USA in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and earlier are really easy to find. Plus the CFB (Canadian Film Board) is easily bought off with tickets to Disney Land and free drinks.
Whats the diff?
Not much. Canadians are mostly nice. As are most folks from the US once you get past the big cities and academic wack jobs with their PC bull shit.

To paraphrase Bart Simpson: Who gives a rat’s ass about all the stupid differences between the two, when there are so many stupid similarities?

[quote]Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.
C.D. Howe[/quote]

[quote=“Enigma”][quote=“jdsmith”]I’m an aboriginal New York Adirondacker. :slight_smile:

(But now I wear shoes.)[/quote]
I thought so. But your a stand up guy in my book, with or without shoes anyway. BTW, last time I saw you you were wearing slippers. Is that a Canadian preference? :unamused:[/quote]

Well, I wear slippers to be snivilized!

I’m barefoot and assed most of the time at home.

hihowareya hihowareya

Taken from This Hour Has 22 Minutes… Canadians will remember Rick Mercer.

youtube.com/watch?v=F0y47PRlifs

youtube.com/watch?v=GTKJFlPGpUk

The nail growing on my left index finger is longer than that on my right. That is because I bit the one on the left hand.

Just thought someone should say something new and original.

[quote=“TomHill”]The nail growing on my left index finger is longer than that on my right. That is because I bit the one on the left hand.
Just thought someone should say something new and original.[/quote]A man with nothing to contribute to the thread and no reservations about displaying it… :bravo: :bravo:

Your bare ass, as pleasant as it may be to a VERY VERY few viewers, is simplyy not my bag. Non-the-less- I like ya anyway.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“TomHill”]The nail growing on my left index finger is longer than that on my right. That is because I bit the one on the left hand.
Just thought someone should say something new and original.[/quote]A man with nothing to contribute to the thread and no reservations about displaying it… :bravo: :bravo:[/quote] bu

Wait wait…
Americans drink their coffee like this… (makes drinking action) BUT Canadians drink their coffee like ‘this…’ (makes subtely different drinking action)

How the fudge can you compare the characteristics of millions of people?

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“TomHill”]The nail growing on my left index finger is longer than that on my right. That is because I bit the one on the left hand.
Just thought someone should say something new and original.[/quote]A man with nothing to contribute to the thread and no reservations about displaying it… :bravo: :bravo:[/quote] bu

Wait wait…
Americans drink their coffee like this… (makes drinking action) BUT Canadians drink their coffee like ‘this…’ (makes subtely different drinking action)

How the fudge can you compare the characteristics of millions of people?[/quote]

Give me back my precious!!!

Irony’s a whore.

There you have it. My new sig :bravo: :bravo: :roflmao:

In Canada you have national health care, albet not the best i hear but it sure as hell beats HMOs/PPOs and whatever wack 2 min doctor you are forced to see(if you can afford the insurance,that is) before he runs off in his BMW to the latest AMA new drug conference.

I just caught a radio report from WTOP-Washington DC that NYC was ranked the friendliest city in America – whodathunkit.

Looking for link

NYC is the most courteous city in the World, not just America.

A new Reader’s Digest study, though, says New York is “the most courteous city in the world,” ranking ahead of Zurich, Switzerland; Paris; London; Sydney, Australia; and Seoul, South Korea, among others.

abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2097593&gma=true

Canadians grow better herb. Thye also seem quite generous with it.

Wow, this thread has become a real :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: fest.

Canadians plan on taking my stuff? How do you know where my stuff is? You’re not going to take my stuff without a fight.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what is CANN-A-DOH?

Is it the place where Aunt Jemina lives?

[quote=“Chris”]How about the obvious?

Canadians say “oot” and “aboot” and sew Canadian flags on their backpacks.

But Americans don’t know what Bloody Caesars, poutine or Tim Hortons are.[/quote]

What are these things? I discovered recently that Poutine is Creme Caramelle, what are the others? Is there a dictionary for this? You know like Zuccini = Courgette, and Fag does not equal Cigarette?

Poutine is chips with gravy and cheese curds. Someone’s been taking the piss out of you Edgar. :wink:

Poutine is chips with gravy and cheese curds. Someone’s been taking the piss out of you Edgar. :wink:[/quote]

I think he’s confused by the local name for Creme Caramelle…

EA, become enlightened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

http://electron.mit.edu/~gsteele/poutine/