Cancel Culture Victims

I wonder when Yale is going to be burned to the ground. :thinking:

1 Like

Being woke doesn’t mean you get to dictate who or what is or was racist. If it did there would be no bacon.

So go ahead, keep at it. keep crying racist at everyone, at people who have been dead for 100s of years, at dieting, at meat. The word has already lost meaning, soon its going to mean so little it will just be ignored. And then we can go about our business without being bothered by this nonsense anymore.

5 Likes

Haha. Looks like you’re the one being bothered by this not me.

Let’s take the idiotic logic - the statues have been pulled down seconds, minutes ago. It’s history. Why bother with it now about who tore then down ?

The cultural revolution is history too. A part of history we should have learned from, although it seems certain movements have learnt nothing. Regardless of who is right and wrong about these statues, letting mobs go buck wild and destroy the place isn’t the way to go about it. Things are already getting out of hand.

3 Likes

In Ireland we blew up the invaders statues in 1966. If you are going to do it do it right (although they also didn’t do it right :joy:).

The Wellington monument was left alone.

I’m not sure that the attempted prior restraint of speech critical of the government by the government quite rises to the level of threat to free speech posed by, say, a sophomore at Oberlin suggesting that Oscar Meyer baloney and Miracle Whip on Wonder Bread probably shouldn’t be called a “banh mi”, but it seems pretty bad.
https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2020/06/campus-pc-is-out-of-control-5

Is that a suggestion ? :thinking:
Although I quite like that monument played around it a lot when I was a kid.

Don’t know where this could be posted. Either way, my respect for Peter Hitchens has shot up. He was once an extreme Leftist of the Trotsky persuasion and knows how messed up that mindset is. These squirts probably have no idea.

1 Like

What’s going on in this clip? What does it have to do with cancel culture?

1 Like

Publish and be damned, kind of in reverse.

Columbus was what he was. A statue is just public art. If they were to ask nicely, I would have no objection to tearing down every public statue of everything, so birds would have nowhere to do their filthy business.

But they don’t ask nicely. That’s the problem. So fuck `em. I say keep the statues up for the sole reason that the people who want them torn down are raging assholes.

Not my kind of iconoclast.

4 Likes

Earlier this week, the Black Law Students Association circulated an email statement to the Cornell Law School community repeating many of the false and misleading accusations against me that I have covered in earlier posts.

But it went beyond that. They refused my offer to debate their representative and a faculty member of their choice, issued a call to boycott my course, and demand the law school screen faculty hires for ideological purity

2 Likes

Is it racist if it’s kind of true? Bats were pretty common to see in wuhan as food. So I would assume people must like it and want to eat it.

no, its racist because she is white.

5 Likes

Good news, folks, asphyxiation has been canceled.

Or is it bad news that people suffocating are canceled if they want help?

Trump is censored by Facebook for using alleged Nazi symbols, and there’s this…

Yea I’m sure the people whose statues are being torn down, asked others so nicely “could I please burn down your houses, will you please be my slave?”

1 Like

They got put in their place back in the 1860s. No need to harp on that now. They’ve already got what was coming to them.

In addition, they’re dead. Being dead is generally regarded as an undesirable state.