Cancel Culture Victims

Never trust a white kid with a BLM shirt. He’s likely to smash your windows and steal your stuff.

3 Likes

That’s what we call a strawman.

It’s hard for the nuclear family to continue as it was though. As more folks leave the country for the city, and live in smaller places. Privacy and therefore resulting kiddos vanishes. Happening all over the world. A 2000 sq foot house in NY say, is colossal compared with a flat in Taiwan.

Have unaffordable property prices forced both partners to work, or did both partners working result in unaffordable property prices?

Either way the lenders are laughing.

Like I said, it’s happening everywhere and has been for 100 years really. All them Russian boxes. All the urbanization the CCP is doing. Japan.

I don’t bet against banks often though. Work three jobs to pay off your teeny tiny flat when you can go into the mountains and own property yo. People still choose the city…for convenience. psssht

Hi white kid with a blm shirt ask me anything

2 Likes

Actually, they’re leaving for the suburbs. Places are big enough so long as you’re not into farming.

In Russia? Japan?

Assumes facts not in evidence. Tucker Carlson will tell you it’s all Breanna Taylor and George Floyd’s own fault and the police did nothing wrong, and there are plenty of people who agree- some of them post here.

When asked about police shootings and the effect on public discourse, Americans are divided: About 44 percent believe such an incident raises important issues about race that should be discussed, but 43 percent said police shootings are getting too much attention. Only 14 percent of Blacks surveyed said shootings are getting more attention than they deserve and 70 percent of Blacks thought shootings raised important issues on race. Four in 10 whites say shootings raise important issues but 49 percent say they are receiving undue attention.

The posters who agree to that highlighted par are so few and far between that I don’t know who they are.

I think the author summed it up nicely here…

Blockquote People who grow up in a nuclear family tend to have a more individualistic mind-set than people who grow up in a multigenerational extended clan. People with an individualistic mind-set tend to be less willing to sacrifice self for the sake of the family, and the result is more family disruption. People who grow up in disrupted families have more trouble getting the education they need to have prosperous careers. People who don’t have prosperous careers have trouble building stable families, because of financial challenges and other stressors. The children in those families become more isolated and more traumatized.

Blockquote

“It was a mistake… it’s time to figure out”

I sense they haven’t got a solid basis of comparison in mind.

They could come up and call for a return to extended families, but that would require a certain kind of intellectual courage… or recklessness. Because extended families are associated with hillbillies and other backward types for some odd reason.

When I lived in the US there were quite a few families that built houses together so that the parents and the grandparents had their own space but were always together. This was in the country of course, and usually in wooded areas. But suburban property associations probably wouldn’t let it fly. But I always thought it was a great setup.

1 Like

It works great until someone steals a pig. Then all hell breaks loose.

2 Likes

Lol, most of them weren’t farmers. Most were doctors and lawyers. The doctors kids all became doctors, too. But the lawyers kids became average Joes, so it doesn’t really support our refute the article I guess.

Yeah mother-in-law apartments are a popular remodel/addition for lots of home owners. There is also a minor trend where seniors without family pool their resources to build small individual homes around shared central structures like a green yard, outdoor kitchen area, pool, workshop, etc.

These weren’t small additions or guest houses though. They were both full sized houses in mirror image with a common facade.

The second part is them becoming hippies again. :wink:

I have a friend who did this as well. His wife was able to spend the last five years of her mother’s life in daily contact, if they so chose. It was a real big deal for them.

My friend and his wife then sold both homes and bought a real nice house, in an upgrade, when the MIL died.

It obviously didn’t hurt the value of the house then either. Maybe it really should become a thing. The people I knew all seemed really happy too.