Cancel Culture Victims

This is good advice, only one ‘T’ on my ID because I #cancelled the other one!

A post was merged into an existing topic: From cancel culture

?

I think you’re misunderstanding me sir. I don’t get bent out of shape by the word woke. I was calling attention to the fact that a lot of people do, and those people were writing in about the TV show host or whatever he is. Then I asked people to consider why they might get mad.

I’ll take your word that ‘wanker’ is being used as term of endearment here.

1 Like

I already did. In this thread your have attacked wokeness. You claim to have voted for the Canadian NDP party link above. Please resolve these conflicting ideas.
Alternatively you can explain that was a fib for anonymity.
Not sure why you’re ignoring this

1 Like
1 Like

When I describe the woke left as being wankers it isn’t a term of endearment, which of course isn’t what @Mick said anyway but, hey, it’s a competition to you isn’t it.

Flag it if it makes you feel unsafe.

Quite the contrary, I always have a good laugh when anyone says Biggus Dickus…

Get used to this if you engage with this poster.

Not sure I would go as far as endearment, but not hate, I don’t want to poke fun of them, but it seems they seem to think they have a monopoly or are the first ones who ever cared about other people.

There can be many ways to deal with a problem, they can all be right and have different merits, when it comes to a society, people may have different views about what is best for society as a whole, that doesn’t mean people who don’t prioritize or agree with your way of thinking are any less caring or worse people than you, until those in the woke crowd wake up to that fact, extend courtesy to those that disagree with them, I think people will remain dismissive of them.

Hear hear

My only way of thinking is considering others’ points of view. I think it’s clear this is too much to ask for some people commenting here.

Whoever that is or whatever that means to anyone, which is nebulous to begin with.

I doubt that changes regardless of how the ideas are presented. Lots of, er, um “woke studies” articles are written in very polite academic language and still aren’t considered. (You could also ask a certain former NFL player about this).

You mean Kaepernick ? Guys an idiot as far as I can see, a very rich idiot much richer than me so maybe he’s not as much of an idiot as I imply, shouldn’t have been cancelled though, kneel on the floor for the flag, wear socks with pigs on them, sport che guevara t-shirts if thats his thing, everyone who wants to call him an idiot is free to do so, and that should have been the end of that.

The woke crowd aren’t writing papers, they get on Martina Navratilova twitter account and start hurling obscenities because she hasn’t followed the latest stuff going on and seems genuinely shocked biological men are competing against women.

It’s an example, I could have used others, but I don’t think from what I saw she deserved that type of pile on, or cancelling, But that’s just me.

You guys know we read the other threads right? don’t ask why you’re not taken seriously when you keep contradicting yourselves…

@ecanada, this is what i mean when i say prove it (notice the two contradicting posts side by side)

I find it strange how willing you are to align yourself with the deep state in certain cases, but then defend the deep state and demand compliance in other situations.

So why try to get their College Courses cancelled then?

I agree that she was criticized unfairly.

:grinning: My opinion wasn’t formed by just his kneeling for the flag and anthem, which I had noted if he want’s to do that, go ahead, his cause however, I think I mentioned we were poking fun of the Che Guevara t-shirt wearing crowd 40 or 50 years ago.

I grew up on a diet of comedy centered around such types.

1 Like

you make the ridiculous assumption that everyone who votes NDP must never attack wokeness

3 Likes

This looks funny, I’m gonna dig into this today.

1 Like

lol heard that one before

Are you unaware that I haven’t replied to any of your posts because:

Have you read any of that material yet? Of course you haven’t. This is why I’ve ignored all of your posts and inquiries, since then except this one which shouldn’t warrant a reply either.

Meanwhile, I’ve read virtually everything you and every poster has linked my way. So you’re really not gonna convince anyone here. I see yet another poster-- @eCanada-- one that debates pretty reasonably-- leaving a convo talking about how you’re deflecting everything and contradicting yourself. Both posters that concluded this about you make pretty sound arguments and do their homework. It’s the third time this week with different posters.

Meanwhile, I’m gonna enjoy this TV show because it’s amusing. No intention of replying until you’ve read what I sent.

ok, go (i read when you posted, start with your backlog of replies)

one big edit:

These kinds of assumptions are why I don’t feel the need to take you seriously.

In fact, we have had a lot of back and forth. Would you like me to prove it?

This is impressive, you must be a very fast reader. Yet, and I don’t know about every poster, I am no longer willing to take your word when you say you have read something. I can refer you to the conversation that led me here if you think this is unkind.

I don’t know, I feel like I have made some convincing arguments.

Yes, and they were unwilling to prove it. Asked multiple times to show links and yet never does. It is easy to at least demonstrate a contradiction if you think it exists, and if you can’t then it probably doesn’t. You have ignored the last one I posted, for example, would you like me to repost it?

Who is both, you’ve only mentioned @ecanada? And if they make sound arguments and do their homework, let’s see them. I’m right here with nothing better to do and I’m enjoying the intellectual stimulation (and, frankly, all the winning)

I don’t understand.

So, as noted at the start, I read this a while ago. I didn’t feel the need to respond to everything after you accused me of arguing in bad faith on the peak woke thread. Would you like me to prove this accusation?

Now, in a spirit of friendly reciprocity, please put your money where your mouth is and reply to what I’ve sent in this message before expecting anything more of me.