Cancel Culture Victims

if we take away the centre, i say as a centrist who keeps throwing that word around, what else is left?

ah, my brain made it ‘moves us’, twice, my bad.

still, as a forumosan using the word centrist, including just today, i’ll stand by my position. if there are US citizens declaring themselves as centrists, i guess that’s between you and them

A donut?

1 Like
4 Likes

So what you’re saying is, Canada is politically the more sane country because we have no real cuisine?

1 Like

Cake donuts are okay- death to those that prefer regular donuts! That’s just pure evil.
P.S. I am not an extremist.

As a Canadian, I cannot allow a virtueless centrist on the donut question. You are extremely for donuts or extremely against, no middle path will be tolerated on the donut question.

Glazed old-fashioned. :drooling_face:

Not sure where that puts me on the political spectrum.

3 Likes

conservative, of course

Damn…can’t win them all.

1 Like

Two crullers, two custard, two jelly, no powdered sugar

thank you, great share, i almost missed it in the shuffle, very relevant
. signed, a moderate

1 Like

Damn, bro…leave some for everybody else!

1 Like

“progressive”

2 Likes

Plenty for everyone, I’m getting bagels too.

1 Like

Does that window system take in consideration the ideas that were promoted back in the day and were proven stupid or bad or unfair or just disregarded? because it’s very typical for someone who proposes new stupid ideas to say that what now is the norm was considered crazy in the past, like if that alone were enough for validating their new ideas. This happens, for example, with pseudoscience like alternative (fake) medicine; apologist claim that science will eventually adopt them and recognise the truth but they don’t do it because you know, people are backwards and / or have interests in keeping things the same way.

So same thing happens with political ideas and social proposals that are being sold as progressiveness.

1 Like

Those on the left use universal healthcare as the example to say in other developed countries which all have universal health care they would not be seen as far left ideas at all, hence it is the moderates in the US which would actually be seen as right wing in other countries.

I think this is a good example, is it not? This one proves the point.
Struggle sessions, on the other hand, not so much. Here I’d agree with @mad_masala.

The window, like the horseshoe, is useful in theory but in practice it doesn’t work so well.

And TBH when it comes to that point I would agree. That’s also why I said that the circle of political postures posted earlier by TT is not only a simplification (like any other model) but also one localised, reflecting maybe the reality in USA

1 Like

I like that at least now I have one guy who likes my “serious” posts xD

1 Like

Except it’s an illusion, the moderates are not moderates they are corporatists both left and right. They support the idea of getting corporations the most amount of money out of the population as possible.

You can watch Biden do nothing in terms of universal health care and those on the left will blame Biden for really being a right winger. If only that had a real left winger to lead.

If the populist wing on the left grows to powerful it will be squashed and it won’t be squashed by those on the right, it will be the “moderate” left who do it.