Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

Noo.

It was something Maria Rambow said to one of the kree, about transformations.

uwat

1 Like

And that’s with they purposely trying to make Captain marvels review good. Didn’t they get rid of many bad reviews lol

My sister says don’t feel bad passing on the movie. She got tickets from her work at TBS. Says it ok, not horrible but it’s no Ironman or Captain America. Felt a bit like a slighter better budgeted Agents of shield level production.

Can’t comment on the level of her perceived “horrible”-ness, but even not known what you mean by slightly better budgeted, that doesn’t sound right at all. The budget is very apparent. It’s a lot. And it’s there. Say what you will about Marvel movies, but they never lack budget.

No other movie is Ironman 1. It’s the gold standard.

One of the few superhero movies I ever enjoyed.

Throwing money at a budget doesn’t make it seem well budgeted sometimes.

She’s as apolitical as they get. So it wasn’t about any of the side chatter regarding the movie. Says it’s wasnt good. Just ok.

nah, I’m sure all those “professional & experienced critics” reviews were completely impartial and in no way influenced by Disney. It’s just the public that is wrong!

Tom-Holland-Brie-Larson-meme3

:point_down:

I couldn’t help but notice that a lot of the Rotten Tomatoes reviews labeled “fresh” were actually more qualified / equivocal.

I bet Alita: Battle Angel has to tell everybody “Hey, my eyes are up here!”

according to how her face looks, I think that locating her eyes isn’t an issue for anyone.

Movies from disney, sony and the likes always have some early screenings for a few selected reviewers only. All those reviewers benefit by this and usually avoid giving a low score because they may not get invited again.
This of course tricks many people into thinking:“hey this movie seems good, let’s go”, and we end up with results like the Ghostbusters remake, last jedi etc etc.

I haven’t watched cap marvel yet, gotta find a copy with decent audio, but I’m sure it won’t take long before they start claiming that all bad reviews are from trolls (just like ghostbusters and other heavily shilled movies).

/\ he gets it

For your perusal

https://youtu.be/T1o39hWBze0

Hold on a second…yesterday that movie was at 34% with nearly 60k user rating.

Screenshot_20190310-085130-01

today it’s at 50%+ with less than 40k reviews? Are they seriously deleting the negative ones?

Edit:

Rofl, they are doing it: Rotten Tomatoes Explains Why It Removed Thousands of Audience Reviews on Captain Marvel's Opening Day - IGN

2 Likes

So, at what point did she acquire the ability to breathe in space?

Dunno I saw her use the same space suit as Starlord.

She wore some kind of mask in the beginning (with her helmet), but at the end was just all sparkly, in space with no mask or anything, and her hair was bouncing around like a shampoo commercial.

Oh well, at least Mar-Vell’s hair looks the same as in the comics!

They threw in a couple of comic book Captain Marvel looks. The mohawk was cool.

Yeah but still fights with the flow helmet and mask on.

In the movie she is still exploring her powers. Doesn’t get to fly until she almost slams to the ground.

Probably the same time when her tesseract/Space stone infused DNA was fully unlocked

That was a waste of a budget. Put more time into story and dialog, Hollywood big wigs.

The eyes were creepy AF.