Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

I’m just waiting for him to transition to Heather Jackman and play Wonder Woman. Now that’s a movie I’d watch!

Hugh Jackman didn’t come in to that role looking like Wolverine though. He was not all that muscular in the first few X-men movies. However, his acting was perfect for the role, so his physical appearance didn’t detract from his performance.

Subsequently, he did put in the work and progressively look more and more convincingly as Wolverine. In Logan his acting and physics all came together, and it was just frigging brilliant.

1 Like

Funny how Wikipedia somehow managed not to mention the, ahem, elephant in the room. Oh, and there’s apparently a movie in development (which doesn’t necessarily mean there will eventually be a movie, of course).

But are there any plus-sized Avenger women, you ask? Oh yes:

In her secret identity she’s a supermodel–she gets rid of all the excess fat by vomiting!

And then there’s Heavy Flo, whose superpower is to fire a high-pressure stream of menses. Really. (One of several menstrual-themed superheroines, believe it or not.)

Tried to listen to a few of the critics. While the most reputable youtubers and podcasters had well thought arguments about teh movie plot, pace, content, etc. otehrs just ranted about Larsen. One went on 5 minutes about how she did not smile. I do not think he saw the movie even though he claimed to or saw another version. Moreover, feminist bandwagon the movie ain´t. It is not a Gloria Stein diatribe. Just because the protagonist is not showing off skin that does not mean she is a feminist. It is a space cadet, full environmental suit is required!

As to Larsen herself, calling her lack of charisma or no butt or picking up and twisting every interview… sigh.

I think Disney made a lot of enemies when it fired a bunch of companies over the leaks of Avengers Endgame data, and that may be part of the source of the bitterness. The CM movie is not perfect but most of the vitrolic criticism is not about the movie itself.

1 Like

His daughter is the only one still alive from his family and she threatened (or actively participated in) elder abuse and gaslighting him until he willed her everything. She’s a real piece of work.
https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-daughter-elder-abuse/

1 Like

“Captain Marvel power was established, in that she is powerful enough to kill Rotten Tomatoes.”

But the actor should look the part. Black widow is a trained Russian spy, she should be able to seduce people. Wonder women got some hate for looking like a super model as well, since the amazonians should be pretty beastly.

If only Lucy Lawless was a bit younger…

Feelsbadman.

What? He was pretty damn beastly in the first few movies. And he got even more beastly.

I mean if Chris Evans played captain america with a gut, it wouldn’t be very nice to see. It’s very underwhelming to have a flat butt when you’re a super hero wearing tights. These are super hero, they are suppose to look super.

Brie Larson will probably campaign for her friend Rebel Wilson to get cast as the next MCU heroine so CBMs can be truly representative of all the diverse shapes and sizes of America. Fat superheroes are the last frontier for woke social media. Rebel Wilson as Big Bertha? I can see that.

Is this an actual term? I may need to up my nerd game.

lol yeah. CBMs… comic book movies. Nerds are lazy and love using acronyms whenever possible.

Eh guys you are straying from the movie and going into dark territory.

Both CA and CM come from the military, but different branches. Pilots are preferred to be on the lighter side, not bulky.

So there won´t be a CA with a gut unless he goes on a binge nor a CM with huge muscles including gluteus maximus because they won´t fit on a fighter jet cabin.

And the “white men” comment that has been rehashed has to do with opening the chance to get interviews to media that is not just focused on teh average middle aged white male, but rather opening the floor up to small outlets that cater to otehr different strata.

You don’t have to be bulky to have a nice butt. Both black widow and Wonder Woman have a nice butt. It’s not like like she needs to have a huge butt, but at least have one for being a super hero. Plenty of people in the army have guts and don’t sport a 6 pack. There are characters in Captain America that are in the army that are chubby. But they aren’t super hero.

Also has nothing to do with showing skin. Black widow doesn’t show skin. She’s still hot, and her character is good plus he acting holds up.

1 Like

I think that a pair of developed gluteus maximus muscles might actually come in pretty handy for locking in during maneuvers within Earth’s atmosphere exceeding 1 g.

Are CA and CM actual terms? I may need to up my nerd game.

Ahem. It’s not “up your nerd game”… it’s UYNG. :wink:

1 Like

Pronounced like a word, or letter by letter? You need to spell things out for us non-geeks. :sunglasses:

Gotta pronounce it as one word… “unnng” :open_mouth:

I recall in an interview, he said he thought he would have time to train for the first X-men but production began immediately, so he was way too skinny for the part.