Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Shocking stuff!

Why would you think I didn’t like her previously? Most of my comments here were not even about the movie. The only negative things you can take I’ve ever said about Larson was she doesn’t have a super hero body which is pretty true and a fair comment as actors should look the part. Ive posted 1 link to an incident of her talking about white men. And if I did comment on the movie, I said the preview looks boring which many others did as well or I said what my sister and friend who watched it said. It’s almost like…you have your on conception of what I think.

Perhaps you and @gaboman thinks I don’t like her because she’s voicing different political opinions than me? Weird but I like Samuel L Jackson and Chris Evans along with a great deal of many actors.

Or perhaps you think it’s because I hate women? Weird, I like scarlet Johansson and Gal Gadot.

Where are you taking that I wouldn’t like her? I’ve said almost nothing about her as a person here.

Nobody arguing with you so you just argue with yourself now? I guess that solves that problem.

I’m not argueing. But I find it telling you would think I wouldn’t like Larson without me saying anything about her that would lead you to that. It’s obvious you already have what you think I think without anything to back that up.

I almost can’t believe how dumb this is getting. Unless you’re going to suddenly reveal SURPRISE you actually like Brie Larson, this nonsense is moot.

Who cares what some actress thinks about politics? Does Eddie Murphy get asked questions like this?

Give me one reason you would have known I wouldn’t like her personality. Why aren’t you surprised I like Samuel L Jackson? He’s in the same film, very political, another non white man. It seems to me, you’re just making it up.

Like I said, you’re arguing with yourself. I make no assumptions as to your motivations for liking or disliking any of these people, nor do I care about any of your baggage.

If you’re not shocked as you said, you must presume to know what I already think…

I think so. But he’s not really A list or making blockbusters so it probably never gets covered.

Now that I think about it, Jim Carrey has become known for his political stances.

Not very original stance:

1 Like

I’m kinda looking forward to Unicorn Store. This week, right?

I dig the relationship between Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson. They seem to get along well and have genuine affection for one another, even though they’re obviously from totally different generations.

LOL@that idiot comparing Brie Larson to Jonah Hill. Room alone murders Jonah Hill’s entire filmography.

I think he was talking about their Directing prowess, but it’s still silly and unnecessary.

Hollywood has been mostly liberal since the 90s. If the stars voicing their political views is enough reason to boycott a movie, why single out Captain Marvel? Why not boycott other MCU movies? Why not boycott all movies?

By the way, Gal Gadot has also mentioned that Wonder Woman is a feminist movie, why do people promoting the boycott of Captain Marvel use Wonder Woman as the example of how to do a non-political movie?

Bad PR as I said, they’ve gotten too full of themselves and forgot they can’t just insult around half of the population without consequences. Most people just ignored their political ideas and enjoyed the movie, but it’s now being shoved into our face on the news, interviews, award shows, etc. Half of them said they were leaving the US if trump was elected anyways.

Wonder Woman is a beloved character.

Half? Sorry, even if Brie is really against the existence of white men, which of course she isn’t and is only against the power imbalance within the industry and much of the society, white men don’t make up for less than 10% of the world’s population.

She is beloved for the values she represents, which includes feminism.

1 Like

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I was talking about Hollywood constant Trump bashing these days.

Feminism these days is not the same feminism back then…If you go by if I think men and women should have equal opportunities in life, yes then I’m a feminist. If you ask me if I think the patriarchy is real, white men are the problem, we should force equity and not equality, push sexist discrimination against men with a racist agenda. Then no. This is not what i support.

Even prominent feminist of the past have disagreed with current day feminism, and some of them have even been bashed. Things like womens march being cancelled for being too white lol. Yeah, i’m not for that.