Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

I just saw another Captain Marvel. Shazam. It was actually pretty good, particularly for a DC movie.

Felicia Day is nerd Royalty. She was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and has done a bunch of Joss Whedon projects (Dr. Horrible being a notable one). She’s in the new Mystery Science Theatre 3000 too.

2 Likes

Might this lady have… gotten a secret cameo in Avengers 1 or Ultron?

Nothing like that, I don’t think. I’m actually surprised she hasn’t been in the MCU yet. She’s the kind of personality they’d get, even just for a cameo. Though she is more of a TV actress.

EDIT: By the way, if you haven’t seen Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, you really owe it to yourself. Nathan Fillion and Neal Patrick Harris. Joss Whedon wrote and directed it, and I think he and his wife wrote the songs.

2 Likes

For me art is personal and somewhat subjective. Some art that’s not all that great are sold for hundreds of millions because of the backstory for the piece and story of the artists.

The same for movies. Some people don’t like Larson for her acting and looks. Some people don’t like what she had to say. These are completely legitimate reasons why someone don’t want to watch it for support it. If people are saying they see a political agenda, then so be it. That’s what they see, I don’t see why some people seem to upset over it. Particularly posters on one side of the political leaning, to me that’s evidence to say it is political. It does seem like a feminsist movie if all the posters who would probably identify themselves as one come out and defend it and saying it’s not.

1 Like

It’s not certain people’s decision to boycott that delivered the resulting disputes, if you’ve been paying attention (or if you’ve missed them, feel free to scroll up and check). A lot of attempts for informed, considered and meaningful discussion have been made.

I assume you might also be referring to yourself. You’ve said why you couldn’t/didn’t want to watch it — some people, including myself, replied why that would be a shame. You took that information and did what you did with it. The rest of us moved on and went about our discussions.

I think Gain and Hansioux have already answered that question (same conclusion but in each their wildly polarizing ways).

And to add to them I’ve also explicitly spelled out how I don’t really see it. Even after viewing the film 3 times. (But I’m also a bit shaky on what the actual definition of feminist is)

I mean on the other hand the first chance they get, the Russo’s instantly brought in Community reunions galore

2 Likes

I’m actually fine with that. However, it’s a different thing to claim the movie itself is political but never actually have seen it or to spread politically motivated conspiracies, when all it takes is simple math to prove them false.

1 Like

As much as I LOVE community, seeing the dean pop up in Civil War as the dean cracked me up, and took me out of the movie for a little bit :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean I can see Abed as a tech support guy in Winter Soldier, but Dean Pelton as the Dean of MIT, I can’t even…

1 Like

:laughing::laughing: Maybe that was a tangentially alternate timeline.

Six seasons and a movie!

Dean Pelton’s Winter Soldier elevator scene

Wonderella tweets on CM:

https://twitter.com/wonderella

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: From MCU 2019

Sigh…oh but she did. She says “biggest feminist movie of all time” Talking about being oppressed by male written scripts and more.

Don’t believe me. Here is her literally saying things like that in an interview lol

What a nice interview. She’s so charming.

Ehh, find her personality vanilla as with her looks.

1 Like

Big shock there.

1 Like

Could say the same to you if we’re going to be sarcastic.

Boring personality. Nothing particularly interesting or stands out about her. No real great sense of humor. Doesn’t have the looks of charism to capture the room. Sub par acting from what I’ve seen besides one movie.

What about her is charming? She’s like any girl you can meet daily.

So wait. Wait wait wait… hold on. I’m not sure I’m reading this right… you’re saying, if I understand correctly, that you don’t like Brie Larson?

1 Like

Are you able to formulate anything besides sarcasm? Too much for you? Lol. It’s like talking to a child. Grow up and learn to communicate with some civility without the passive aggressive weak jabs behind the keyboard.