Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

I finally saw CM and really wanted to come and read through this thread as I’ve been avoiding it until after I’ve seen it.

This thread is way more disappointing than the movie, which I found enjoyable and quite fun/funny.

Sorry about that. Should be good to go from now on. What were you hoping to discuss?

It was cool to see that Thor-Cap Marvel moment in the Endgame trailer afterwards :raised_hands:

Nothing, but there were close to 300 posts unread and I wanted to just get everyone’s take on it. I don’t think I have any more points to add thats not been mentioned. Was jumping in thinking everyone was disecting it to bits. Oh I do have a question though, I have no idea what the cat alien was meant to be and whether it was significant/reflected in other MCU movies?

Top 3 secret ending!!!

edit: am i far down enough to not worry about spoiler tags lol.

I’m not up with the Marvel Endgame. I have watched almost all of the Marvel movies, but might have missed a couple in the last year or so.

@Rockefeller I know is an aficionado on the arts and movies . If I said something that got a beat down for an opinion in the area of A&E the last thing I would do is take it personalty.

Popcorn movies are gonna be popcorn movies.

I don’t think we’re alone. This is like 99.8% of people.

SAME. Fear not:

Haha, I was totally gonna link that vid and then you beat me to it :slightly_smiling_face:

Idk if I’ll move all of that stuff, but we could lock this one up and make a new thread. I can move a few of the latest posts to that new one (and link this topic to top post so y’all could have easy access to reference). Or we could just keep things as is, since it seems we’ve closed that chapter of discussion shut. Either way is fine by me. What does everybody else think?

• Poll inconclusive. Remain as is!

Cc frequent posters @Icon @Dawud @hansioux @gaboman @DrewC @ranlee & @tempogain

Straight from the comics! Though in the comics, the Flerken’s name is Chewie. It may have been a way to throw comic readers off?

They do seem to have a tendency for these red herrings (I vaguely recall hearing Jude Law was cast as Mar-Vell). Gotta avoid spoilers!

2 posts were split to a new topic: From MCU

If they bring Tom holland in for the sequel (even as a cameo), that’d legit be pretty cool

https://youtu.be/Ye1ir8MQS4w

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: From MCU

I’d like to see Japanese Spider-Man (and his giant alien robot, Leopardon), and Electric Company Spider-Man (who “speaks” in word balloons). I’m sure they’ve thought of both.

1 Like

But they already have Penny Parker! I think in their mind it would probably be too similar to include.

Interesting to see so much defense for Captain marvel. I’ve never seen it for any other movie, it’s not like this is some all time great either. And tbh it became political when Bree Larson said herself it was.

By the way, pleasantly surprised that Honest Trailers brought in Felicia Day for that video.

2 Likes

I watched BP really late, so tried to avoid this thread for a while, but I’d say Black Panther is on par in this respect, if not here than in most Mandarin movie discussions.

Agree

Agree

Personally (not going to speak for everyone) I didn’t think it would go this far either. For me, I’ve responded because (most of) those initial complaints were either 1) misguided, 2) wildly inaccurate, 3) hugely exaggerated, or 4) plain wrong.

Tbh I would put this maybe as the 3rd best Marvel origin film, and maybe like 7th-ish best Marvel overall.

Why? Who dat

No, she didn´t. Sigh.

The marketing was done to include smaller news agencies who tend to a female or monority audience, not only the usual aggregators that keep on thinking only of a target audience consisting of middle aged white guys, and she commented on that fact that the marketing was done differently.

2 Likes

Felicia Day was in Buffy, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Dollhouse and had her own web series The Guild.

and she was in Supernatural.

Oh, my sister used to watch Buffy when she was a kid. The others don’t quite ring a bell.