Carnaval Taipei 2023 Saturday Feb. 11 at Expo Park

Activities start at noon.

9 Likes

Looks festive. Nice venue for it and right next to the MRT. Looks like it may even be a decent weather day to boot.

3 Likes

Come early for the food. Stay over to dance.

1 Like

No masks required

Does the food normally run out? I’m working that day and can only come late.

Well, yes, unfortunately. But not all.

1 Like

Thank you @Icon! I always seem to find out about these kinds of events after the fact.

2 Likes

Con mucho gusto.

1 Like

Yes!

3 Likes

I wonder about the unfamiliar Latin food stalls that have actual restaurants and where in taiwan.

2 Likes

I bet I bump into some of my students. Really looking forward to this.

I want ceviche, guacamole, and rum. All mixed together in a pint glass.

5 Likes

Mexican carnitas tacos, Columbian beef arepas, and horchata. ¡Comida tan sabrosa!

5 Likes

Don’t eat it all! I don’t finish bloody work till 5

2 Likes

Round 2: Caribbean chicken and mac & cheese, and Peruvian “chica morada”, a really refreshing drink made from purple corn, fruits, and spices.

4 Likes

Tiabo, likonshia?

What do you mean by unfamiliar Latin food stalls?

I’m almost there. Hopefully @Steve4nLanguage hasn’t scarfed all the food

1 Like

Too bad I just saw this

Hope it was a good time

2 Likes

Latin food that had not been talked about here.

Like in threads like this

1 Like

Yeah, I’m curious about the same thing. If these stalls are all from Latin American restaurants around northern Taiwan, there are far more places I’d like to try out than I realized.

1 Like

It was, at least for me. Good food & drinks, good music, friendly people. And really nice weather. Sorry you missed it. Thanks to @Icon for posting it or I would have too.

Hopefully @BiggusDickus got some too. I left just before 5:00 and while a couple of stalls had started to pack up, there seemed to be many still going. I did see a student and hope you got to also.

I recognize the dishes from @Steven4nLanguage. I think I know which stalls they came from but never got to them. The only negative was the crowds around each food table. Often you couldn’t even get up close to see what they were selling and if it was worth waiting on a long line for. Only one booth had a woman holding their menu up high in the air so you could see it. It would help if they had signage above the tables.

But overall a great day and look forward to the next.

4 Likes