Carnegies in the news

…and you’re pretending you’re too busy to read them now? …likely story…

Well, Carnegie’s business hasn’t suffered any if last night was any indication. First time there in a few months…

Ah yeah, G’day,

I found a very short third article today but it was just a short explanation from the owner Bob.

Of the two articles I found the other day, the longer one is mostly an interview with a manager, Rebecca, as I mentioned previously. The headline and the first part of the article merely describe the “poster”. Rebecca then denies that Carnegies had anything to do with the making of the ad. That the logo is obviously fake because a couple of words are missing. Rebecca says that they “reported it to the police 2 weeks ago and have asked an Internet company to investigate. However, many people have still misunderstood and one women’s group came and protested.”

The ad was passed around on the Internet under the title “Help protect Taiwan’s image!”, “Is the idea of this ad that the whole world should come and ‘fuck’ Taiwan?”, “Is this trying to discriminate against the women of Taiwan.” and other titles that had Rebecca somewhat frustrated.

It then says that Carnegies is a high-class place by day but at night, “with a change of lights and music, the atmosphere in the place becomes a wild jungle of desire.” (I kid you not, it really does say that!)

The last paragraph quotes a comment from “an investor” in a disco who says that Carnegies’ daily revenues of over NT$1 million must make some of its competitors very envious.

The other article I’ve translated quickly, so if there’s any errors or Chinese English, forgive me.

[i]
Blue-eyed boys easy to catch? Taiwanese girls easy to pick up? It’s a hot topic!

Welcome to Taiwan or welcome to sexland?
Are foreign men really more attracted to Taiwanese girls? Because a foreign adult website had the topic

Thanks and a tip of the ol’ Irish hat to Beachsider. Interesting stuff in those them articles. Ouch!

hey, that’s not true…we Taiwanese girls are not that easy…well, maybe some are easier… but if you think of carnegies as a “meat market” you foreign guys are also the “meat” in that market… :imp:

Its an equal opportunity kind of place.

tw.photo.yahoo.com/member/fcgi-b … &.r=100209

This link stopped working the end of November, I’d like to see what all the fuss is about. Anyone found another place or has a copy of the ad?

This is really a non-topic. I have been in Taiwan for 12 years and there has always been clubs for foreigners to go to meet slutty local women - Tops, Spin, TU, Roxy. The women who frequent these clubs generally go there for the “meat”. There is nothing wrong in all this. If the women in those clubs don’t want to screw local guys that is their right not to. Complaining local guys shouldn’t frequent those establishments if they find it hard to get some pussy for the night. There are plenty of clubs in Taipei where local guys can get laid much easier than foreigners. There is plenty of easy pussy to go around.

The women who frequent these clubs generally go there for the “meat”.

EXACTLY: I once heard 2 girls talking, while getting make up for their night out on the town here. “Yes, let’s see what we can find tonight!”

Sure, for them it is fun and exotic. yes, the meat mart works both ways.