Carnegie's - the "chat" thread... (Part 3)

And the beer is frankly piss. :smiley:

Er . . . yeah. :astonished: :bravo: :smiling_imp: :blush:

This post is for Isieh who posted in another thread enquiring as to which other places sell Single Malt Scotch Whisky other than just the ā€˜standardā€™ range.

This is the range that we sell. Occasionally one or two may be unavailable but this is rare and depends purely on supply.

SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY @ [color=orange]Carnegieā€™s[/color]

[color=darkred]ABERLOUR 10 YEAR OLD
ABERLOUR 15 YEAR OLD
ABERLOUR 21 YEAR OLD
ARDBEG 10 Y.O.
AUCHENTOSHAN
BALVENIE 10 Y.O.
BALVENIE DOUBLE WOOD 12 Y.O.
BALVENIE SINGLE BARREL 15. Y.O.
BALVENIE PORT WOOD AGED 21 Y.O.
BALVENIE 25 Y.O.
BOWMORE 10 Y.O.
BOWMORE 17 Y.O.
BOWMORE 21 Y.O.
BRUICHLADDICH 15 Y.O.
CRAGGANMORE 12 Y.O.
DALWHINNIE 15 Y.O.
DEANSTON 12 Y.O.
DEANSTON 17 Y.O.
GLENDRONACH 15 Y.O.
GLENFARCLAS 105 (CASK STRENGTH)
GLENFARCLAS 12 Y.O.
GLENFARCLAS 15 Y.O.
GLENFARCLAS 25 Y.O.
GLENFARCLAS 30 Y.O.
GLENFIDDICH 12 Y.O.
GLENFIDDICH 15 Y.O.
GLENFIDDICH 18 Y.O.
GLENKINCHIE 10 Y.O.
GLENLIVET 12 Y.O.
GLENLIVET 1978 (CASK STRENGTH)
GLENMORANGIE 10 Y.O.
GLENMORANGIE 18 Y.O.
GLENMORANGIE SHERRY WOOD AGED 12 Y.O.
GLENMORANGIE PORT WOOD AGED 12 Y.O.
GLENMORANGIE MADEIRA WOOD AGED 12 Y.O.
HIGHLAND PARK 10 Y.O. (CASK STRENGTH)
HIGHLAND PARK 12 Y.O.
HIGHLAND PARK 18 Y.O.
INVERALLAN 12 Y.O.
INVERALLAN 21 Y.O.
LAGAVULIN 16 Y.O.
LAPHROAIG 10 Y.O.
LONGMORN 15 Y.O.
MACALLAN 12 Y.O.
MACALLAN 18 Y.O.
MACALLAN 25 Y.O.
OBAN 14 Y.O.
SCAPA 12 Y.O.
SPRINGBANK 10 Y.O.
SPRINGBANK 21 Y.O.
TALISKER 10 Y.O.
USQUAEBACH 15 Y.O.
USQUAEBACH 21 Y.O. [/color]

And a couple of others since this list was produced but that would mean having to get up and go to the bar and I 'm right in the middle of coffee time, so please have some understanding!

Hope this helps. Prices are IMO reasonable. They are also available by the bottle. We usually have at least one unopened bottle in addition to an opened one of each of the above. More ā€˜popularā€™ items a larger stock is held. If you plan ahead and want a particular whisky by the bottle to drink ā€˜on premiseā€™ then please call ahead and check with us. Or if there is something specific that you donā€™t see but would like, call us and weā€™ll see if we can locate it for you.

Cheers,

Bob Marshall
General Manager
Carnegieā€™s Taipei

P.S. We do not ā€˜water downā€™ any spirits/drinks. It is unethical. We do mix them with mixers of choice and add ice when requested to. My late night drink of choice as many know, is Jack Danielā€™s too.

[quote=ā€œMaPoSquidā€]And the beer is frankly piss. :smiley:
[/quote]

Blame the breweries. Most of the beer is packaged. The rest is draught and the lines and dispense systems are very regularly and thoroughly cleaned.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob for the helpful list of Scotches.

If the Jack we drank wasnā€™t watered down, then we werenā€™t served Jack. Next time, Iā€™ll return the drink.

Isieh: Youā€™re welcome. Sorry about serving you the wrong drink. Introduce yourself next time and Iā€™ll get you one and join you.

Cheers,

Bob

Is stragbasherā€™s Carnegieā€™s Sunday brunch happening tomorrow? Some one ā€œmoderated-outā€ the previous thread in Events I believe. Or I canā€™t find any evidence of it, but I know I wasnā€™t imaging it!

I floundered it - it was over and done withā€¦ As much as Iā€™d like to go tomorrow, I canā€™tā€¦

Cool, thanks for confirming Maoman.

[quote=ā€œTpeBobā€][quote=ā€œMaPoSquidā€]And the beer is frankly piss. :smiley:
[/quote]
Blame the breweries. Most of the beer is packaged. The rest is draught and the lines and dispense systems are very regularly and thoroughly cleaned.[/quote]
Sorry, man, but Iā€™ve had the same beers at other local restaurants, and they donā€™t taste soured. I assume that everyone who sells Erdlinger gets it from the same place?

With respect, MaPoSquid, there is a big difference between making the general statement ā€œThe beer is frankly pissā€ and and a reference to one particular brand of beer which was not up to standard. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. Iā€™ll look at it and work with the local distributor to identify any recurring problem and get it fixed.

Regards,

Bob

Made another stop for brunch today. The Continental, like it was last week, was great - the cheese was a little dry last week, but just right this time, and the croissants were excellent. Couldā€™ve done with Taiwanā€™s weather being slightly more obliging and not half melting the butter before I could get to it, but meh. Service was great, although there was a bit of a pattern that emerged after a while - the girls seemed to move in just after Bob took off to another table. Then again, who can blame them :laughing: Iā€™m half wishing Iā€™d grabbed a beer to check the relative ā€œpissinessā€ of it sober, but I havenā€™t descended quite to the point of drinking booze before midday just yet. :laughing:

[quote=ā€œTpeBobā€]With respect, MaPoSquid, there is a big difference between making the general statement ā€œThe beer is frankly pissā€ and and a reference to one particular brand of beer which was not up to standard. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. Iā€™ll look at it and work with the local distributor to identify any recurring problem and get it fixed.

Regards,

Bob[/quote]
Bob, sorry, but Erdlinger is just the only brand I remembered. AFAIR there were three different ones that I tried, and all three had soured.

Thanks for looking into it; Iā€™d suggest checking storage conditions onsite first, though. Not sure what does that to beer, maybe excessive heat; TMTM would probably know.

MaPoSquid: Please pm me the details so I can look into it. Which beers, when, etc. I sent you a pm requesting more info.

Regards,

Bob

The dinner tonight was Top Shelf! :wink:

Thanks Bob.

I might want to check that out this weekend. Anybody?
How much do I pay for a small brunch?

Bob could answer more accurately than I but I think the ā€œbig oneā€ is around $450 and the ā€œnot so big oneā€ about $350. They also have a lot of other choices such as a continental, etc.

[quote=ā€œelektroniskā€]Even Bob was serving!

[/quote]

Yes, well, one doesnā€™t see that very often. Two plates a couple of beers two orange juices and some HP sauce and I am still recovering.

:laughing:

Bob

[quote=ā€œmesheelā€]I might want to check that out this weekend. Anybody?
How much do I pay for a small brunch?[/quote]

Mesheel: Our brunch menu is fairly extensive and includes two sizes of English breakfast, a continental, omelettes, cereals, fruit etc. I can e-mail you the entire menu if you wish. Send me an e-mail at the address below and I will be happy to oblige.

Best Regards,

Bob

That would be nice Bob, thank you. My e-mail address is in my profile.

Sent. Let me know if the file is too big or you canā€™t read it.

Bob