Carnegie's - the "chat" thread... (Part 5)

[quote=“Tigerman”]Please folks, let’s not have Bob doing any more of the organizing. He has graciously offered this feast and its up to us to get our acts together.

The date is set. Let’s see who can make it. Please begin confirming (sandman can confirm later).

I confirm that my clan will attend.[/quote]

Yes. Thank You TM…it is clear that I am getting frayed at the edges and my list-keeping is well, crap.

AWOL: There is a good chance that one or two can’t make it so I’ll add you to the waiting list.

Easier on the pavement that way.

Bob

Tuesday 25th at 7 or 7.30 p.m.?

I’m in!

We’re a bit more than a few, and the offer was open to anyone who responded quickly to the limited places… it isn’t fair to expect TpeBob to feed all of Forumosa, and our guests as well, at the price he has offered.

I think its damn nice of him to do what he’s doing, and I appreciate the gesture. I’m glad I was on-line when the offer was made. Limitations on this sort of offer are common… limited to the first x number of customers, etc…

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Tuesday 25th at 7 or 7.30 p.m.?

I’m in![/quote]

At 7.00 for 7.30.

It’s a sit down meal and dishes will be served on time at the same time. You each have three soda pops as aperitifs to get through! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anyone who turns up late will have an adverse effect on the overall bill and the kitchen won’t delay or serve food out of sequence.

Pretty fair, I think.

Bob

We’re a bit more than a few, and the offer was open to anyone who responded quickly to the limited places… it isn’t fair to expect TpeBob to feed all of Forumosa, and our guests as well, at the price he has offered.

I think its damn nice of him to do what he’s doing, and I appreciate the gesture. I’m glad I was on-line when the offer was made. Limitations on this sort of offer are common… limited to the first x number of customers, etc…[/quote]

settle down…

[quote=“TpeBob”][quote=“Stray Dog”]Tuesday 25th at 7 or 7.30 p.m.?

I’m in![/quote]

At 7.00 for 7.30.

You each have three soda pops as aperitifs to get through!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bob[/quote]

I’m going to request LOTS of ice in my glasses!

Nice? Maybe. Looking at the list of guests, though, it’s pretty obvious to me what his plan is – he’s going to render us semi-comatose with food and beer, after which we’ll be sold off into prostitution. Prime meat, after all.

[quote=“Tigerman”]
We had:

1 - two servings of suop and rolls
2 - one serving of rack of venison (w/ cabbage and large roasted potatos)
3 - three soda pops
4 - one serving of the new Greek salad and bread
5 - one pint of Guinness [/quote]

I know you said no changes to the menu, but can I have soup in place of the suop? :wink:

October 25th is fine for me. Are we talking arriving at 7 and eating at 7:30 or arriving at 7:30 and eating later?

Nice? Maybe. Looking at the list of guests, though, it’s pretty obvious to me what his plan is – he’s going to render us semi-comatose with food and beer, after which we’ll be sold off into prostitution. Prime meat, after all.[/quote]

Damn! Rumbled…

If I did that Sandman, then Wolf Reinhold would start posting again. :laughing:

Bob

[quote=“elektronisk”][quote=“Tigerman”]
We had:

3 - three soda pops
5 - one pint of Guinness [/quote]

I know you said no changes to the menu, but can I have soup in place of the suop? :wink:

October 25th is fine for me. Are we talking arriving at 7 and eating at 7:30 or arriving at 7:30 and eating later?[/quote]

You’ve never had suop? Well, you should give it a try.

As I said: 7 for 7.30 which generally means arrive at 7 during which time 42 sodas will be served as aperitifs and the food will begin to be served at 7.30.

Bob

[quote=“TpeBob”]
3 - three soda pops
5 - five pints of Guinness [/quote]

I can’t wait for this! :smiley: :wink:

100% confirmation. Yes, either I will attend or my share of the funds will be guaranteed to attend in my place.

[quote=“Stray Dog”][quote=“TpeBob”]
3 - three soda pops
5 - five pints of Guinness [/quote]

I can’t wait for this! :smiley: :wink:[/quote]

:noway: Nice try son. :wink:

Bob

100% confirmation. Yes, either I will attend or my share of the funds will be guaranteed to attend in my place.[/quote]

…or an alternate person if you can’t make it. but methinks you will.

Cheers,

Bob

Can my Dad attend?

Dear All,

Just to let you know that from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. today we shall not be open to the General Public as we shall be holding our annual anniversary party. Unfortunately, due to limited capacity, this is limited to only to those members and their guests who have collected their invitations . Any Forumosans with membership cards who may have had our emails filtered out by their software may PM me before 3 p.m. to have their name put on a guest list. These PM’s must include your real name and/or membership card number not online handles. Many Thanks.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

After 9 p.m. everyone is welcome to join in the ongoing mayhem if there is any room!

Best Regards & Cheers,

Bob

I’m going to have to bow out from the 25th feast… can’t make the time, unfortunately. :s

is there a spot open then? i’d be interested if so …

[quote=“TpeBob”]…or an alternate person if you can’t make it. but methinks you will. Cheers,
Bob[/quote]

I’ll be there for sure now. Can I bring a pet who will live under the table and share a bit of my meal?

Thanks to all the Carnegies team for last night. It was awesome. :bravo:

Sorry for the hiking clothes and that I looked like somebody who had been hiking for 6 hours then went directly to Carnegies birthday party. :blush:

[quote=“Ironman”]I’ll be there for sure now. Can I bring a pet who will live under the table and share a bit of my meal?

Thanks to all the Carnegies team for last night. It was awesome. :bravo:

Sorry for the hiking clothes and that I looked like somebody who had been hiking for 6 hours then went directly to Carnegies birthday party. :blush:[/quote]

Sory Ironman but the designated gorging area will be the raised area just inside. so unfortunately no pets with the exception of a Stray Dog who I have a mind to make sit on the floor and eat out of a bowl.

Last night…ugh…I remember seeing you but noticed nothing unusually different about your attire. I thought that in fact you had dressed up! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, glad you liked the party. What a night!

Bob