Carnegie's - the "chat" thread

[quote=“fred smith”]But TpeBob:

I so rarely drink on Sundays, but I guess since it is Easter perhaps I can make an exception in the interests of resurrection and all that. Just make sure that I get a cab as usual at 4:30 a.m. to take me home? and, er, someone to, ahem, help me into the cab, oh hell, I need someone to pour me into the cab as usual if that’s still a service you offer?

freddie[/quote]

Freddie:

Ah…but 'tis Easter Sunday…Blood of Brian :laughing: and all that…
As for the cab-filling service; yes, we still provide this service. Please note that the angle at which you land on the rear seat of the cab generally reflects the ease (read: willingness) with which you are put there. As accomplished we are at doing this on behalf of our patrons, I am confident that your accomplishments at being helped into a cab make us pale in comparison. :slight_smile:

With highest regards,

Bob

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]You can have the receipt but I’ll not be wanting your money my good man.

HG[/quote]

:notworthy:

I was all up for stuffing my face at the weekend but I was steered off in the wrong direction, to another place. I was even stood outside your fine establishment before being dragged kicking and screaming (about “mustard”) down the road to an Indonesian place which was in fact good but only had Taiwan Beer. In cans. Then I watched the footie. I can’t remember what happened next.

For my pennance I’ll impersonate Mr Creosote on Sunday next if you’ll be John Cleese and provide a bucket.

I’ll be testing some IPA from the Bleeze this evening. Wonder if you can’t get some for the bar ? Go lovely with a pie or several, or the elephant biriyani.

I am a “regular” customer of your fine establishment… that said, promise me Monty Python on this coming Sunday and I will promise you less of my imitation of Coyote Ugly, and more of my regularity - hmmm :laughing:

Monty Python’s The Life of Brian (aka an Easter eulogy) will be shown this Sunday.

I’d like to show it around 2 - 2.30 p.m. Would that be OK with other interested people…TG, Hex, HGC, FS…et al.

I can arrange a roped off area outside for pissed-off protesting priests…

Cheers

[quote=“TpeBob”]Monty Python’s The Life of Brian (aka an Easter eulogy) will be shown this Sunday.

I’d like to show it around 2 - 2.30 p.m. Would that be OK with other interested people…TG, Hex, HGC, FS…et al.[/quote]

Sounds great.

Well, that time is as good as any with me. I will be sure to leave my bad “habit” at home (rimshot), but I will take my husband! :sunglasses:

Good for me . . . except for the roped off priests. Why not have some fun and rope them off next to a kiddies areas? I’m sure that will distract some of 'em.

Got Colman’s and will hit zee airport this arvo. Yahoo!! Homeward bound . . .

HG

Thanks Bob. I was going to go down there a few hours before I’m supposed to meet some friends and bring my computer so I can get some work done.
Let us know if and when you get it. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Alien: Should be installed on Monday. Instructions understood by Friday.
Monday. Will post here at the precise moment it is deemed to be working.

Bob

Well… a terrific afternoon earlier today at Carnegies… I can hardly type any recommendation at all now… I’m still inebriated…

But, as I recall… everyone enjoyed their breakfast/brunch and the beer was wonderful… I started off with Hoegaarden…to Erdinger unfiltered wheat with German sausages to Guinness to at least two big corked bottles of Chimay (blue label)… Perfect way to spend the afternoon… really.

And of course it was great seeing HGC again.

Thanks TpeBob, for attention to detail and service, and for generosity with the refreshments!

lololol it’s so funny when Forumosa threads have a 14 year break in them.

1 Like

I’m sure Tigerman will relish the information.

1 Like

Sometimes I walk past looking in the door and think gray hair or bald head is an entrance requirement :rofl:

1 Like

What time do they stop serving greasy food? Like 8 p.m. or 9 p.m. or what