Cartel violence in Mexico

Mexico can’t get its cartels under control.
These people as we know are totally ruthless. So many people decapitated and left hanging on bridges, etc.
Now this violence against a Mormon out post (those people probably should not have chosen Mexico to live in). Senseless .

I would hate to be a person who did this when facing the Creator.

2 Likes

It’s wild. Did you see them capture El Chapo’s son, but the Sinaloa cartel laid siege to the city and the police released him because it go so bad. Sinaloa cartel is moving deep into california and Texas. Last time I went back to Dallas, many places are now run by cartels now. This used to be mainly a border town thing, but now it’s getting bigger. They are bringing the drugs in like opiates. They will now bring fentynl, I have been told Chinese production has now moved into Mexico.

1 Like

Will take a strong govt to take back control. Why do opiates when fentynl is easy to make right?

I read the cartels killed the policeman who captured chapo’s son.

They shot him 150 times…

making a point no doubt

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/11/08/americas/mexico-mormons-killed-family-reactions/index.html

I’ve always wondered why the cartels have been able to gain such an upperhand. And the only conclusion I can arrive at is that the Mexican government is involved with them to a certain extent.

4 Likes

Not easier to make , easier to hide.

2 Likes

Its no secret Mexican Govt is in cahoots with Cartels, watch the documentary Cartel Land and Watch Narcos Mexico (Based on real life and death of DEA Agent Kiki Camarena and the beginnings of Mexican Cartel under Felix Gallardo The Godfather of Mexican Cartels). Basically the equivalent of the Secretary of Defense in Mexico was involved with Cartels during the 90s just as 1 example. Also many regional governors, mayors etc

5 Likes

I’ve made the mistake of investigating cartel violence through r/watchpeopledie, LiveLeak and stuff like that. Don’t. Just don’t.

1 Like

LA Sherrifs Dept Deputy 20 year veteran talks about how Mexican Cartels take over cities in Los Angeles - By owning City Councils and Mayors

3 Likes

Have seen. But thanks for the suggestion.

Narcos Mexico took liberties with Kiki’s life, and this is exactly why I hate when people refer to movies as a source. IJS

Documentaries I’m okay with but even now I’m noticing a shift on how they’re being done.

1 Like

Yea Im sure Narcos Mex not 100% accurate but it gives a general idea of what went down during the “peaceful” years of the cartels.

Cartel land was filmed many years ago during the Knights Templar Cartel days and about the Autodefensas and how that eventually became infiltrated by the cartels through the govt mandate…its screwed up

1 Like

Thanks for link. Putting on watch next list.

1 Like

Then I haven’t seen it. Getting it mixed with another film

Narcos Mexico isn’t a film, its a series on Netflix

1 Like

No Cartel Land is what I was talking about

1 Like

Gotcha, yea Cartel Land won Best Documentary that year from Sundance

1 Like

Mormans in Mexico vs Cartels- This one is from a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIyaIHsJbc

Mexico is a breeding group for corruption. Added with the demand for drugs, the cartels just grew.

There is also the problem that cracking down on them has not worked and made things worse in almost all cases.

Weakening one cartels leaves the door open for another one to stomp on them. Taking out the heads of an operation has resulted in many cartels splitting into two or more groups that cause so much destruction going after each other. Even the ex military formed a cartel when they originally protected people.

2 Likes

WTF this is a TV show ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQv4xFZMZWw