Cartel violence in Mexico

Sigh…let me get back to on the racial component. I’m gonna have to unpack some stuff to articulate it. LOL

Edit: I just remembered that even while the US might have been fighting communism, in 1970s Nixon kicked of the war on drugs.

Now let’s use that for context. Nixon’s war on drugs was designed to target African Americans and the counterculture. Anyone who has a modicum of common sense knows it was actually to criminalize black folks.:smirk: ThIs and future policies would divide the black communities. There’s no political power in a house divided, m’kay.

The US has effectively held it’s position of world power by effectively weaponizing white supremacy to its advantage by supressing any sort of real growth in many of these Latin countries. In fact, they have actively instigated chaos in some cases. This is where I’m nodding toward the racial angle.

If Cartels were allowed to flourish legitimately, we’d have seen Pablo Escobar and El Chapo on the cover of Forbes rather than behind bars. They’d be on par with the oil sheikhs, rubbing elbows in the UN influencing countries and effecting markets. Effectively reducing the US’s power on the world stage. At least, that’s the idea I’m toying with.

1 Like