Cartel violence in Mexico

Never trust your other half.

I love how you ooze compassion for the victims of gun violence in Mexico.

Even though they did wear magic underpants.

He probably figured he was somewhere on her laundry list. :doh:

2 Likes

A lot of projection.

I bet it would fix 95% of the problem as drugs are the most violent and lucrative and destructive part. It’s the river of cash that fuels these powerful organisations.
Limited legalisation such as with tobacco and alcohol but stricter would definitely put a cramp on them. Legalise it, tax it, monitor it. Poor communities get income govt gets tax revenue, users are provided safer substances in a controlled manner.

At the same time put punitive sanctions on all governments not willing to comply.
There’s absolutely no reason to think that dealing with the root cause wouldn’t help solve the problem not sure where you get that idea from is it some of political meme?
Throwing hands up in the air doesn’t make any sense.

The huge amount of guns trafficked south are like the fire and the oil that consumes and fans the bonfire from the drugs

Understood these countries have multiple problems but drugs are the key underlying factor.

You’re definitely right that legalization would hurt cartel business, it is one of their big three, the other two being prostitutes (slavery), and animal parts.

The root cause of everything was the Big Bang. All we need to do is reverse that somehow and everything will be great.

We can put a man on the moon. Surely we can undo the Big Bang. We’re problem solvers, after all. The solutions are all so obvious. Why haven’t they been implemented yet? Physics is reversible. Scientific fact. Undo the Big Bang already.

1 Like

Ran out of meds on the weekend Rowland ?
Thank God and Obama and all the Clinton Saints for socialized medicine.:grin:

1 Like

Are you saying the “The Genie is out of the bottle” with drugs , I got a but lost on this discourse.

They already did. Where’ve you been, man? Living under a rock in the ocean waiting for the x-th coming of Cthulhu? :roll_eyes:

Daddy ruled as though it were a business. Son ruled as though they were “proper gangsters.”

Officials canceled flights, suspended school and ordered residents to shelter in place as cartel members threw up road blockades in multiple cities, injuring at least 25 security forces and killing one. In Culiacán, Sandoval said, cartel fighters blocked all six entrances to the city and attacked a commercial airport and a nearby air force base. At least one commercial flight and an air force plane were hit with gunfire, officials said.

Is Mexican military/police so shit that they can’t even deal with a few gangsters?

1 Like

Sounds like all-out civil war to me. I would guess police, army and local government are all complicit to some degree, though. I doubt it’s just incompetence.

4 Likes

It might be a bit more complex than that. How’s your Spanish? I’m not sure whether the police forces over there are accepting volunteers? :whistle:

1 Like

You should read up on how Mexico devolved into gang chaos after el Chapo sr was arrested.

1 Like

Pretty much you remove one kingpin and ten more scary kingpins spring up to fill the power void.
Something something nature abhors a vacuum.

1 Like

The war on drugs in the US not only has damaged American lives. It has a damaging ripple effect like what we’re seeing now.

1 Like

this ‘turf war’ in Mexico has been going on at least a decade or more. Nothing new, just more innocent deaths, kidnappings, etc.

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Drug Wars in the USA: Enough is ENOUGH!