Cat stealing parts

Can anyone provide any suggestion to stop my cats from stealing stuff? It’s getting ridiculous that I’m losing parts customers provide because I left it on the bench, and the cat decides to steal it, and it takes me a while to find them, if I find it at all.

1 Like

You want to tell the animal that has domesticated humans to stop doing what it’s doing?

4 Likes

Are you sure it’s a cat and not a bad memory?

3 Likes

Clean up your work space. You have cats.

9 Likes

Play with the cat more, so it doesn’t have to look elsewhere for entertainment.

4 Likes

How much is “more”? How do I play with the cat? I’ve been looking around for red laser pointers and no stores sell them for some reason. It’s all those ultra powerful ones that would burn the cat up rather than provide them with entertainment.

get rid of the cat.

but if not, there are bitter sprays that you can use which teach them. I remember bitter apple being a common one way back when. chili pepper sprays work too, but they smell funky after and can affect humans topically a swell, so it isnt awesome indoors.

cats are pretty selfish and entitled, so dont spray as a punishment. they wont change their ways usually. Especially those that have been specifically rewarded for their selfishness (most house cats). spray the items so that when they fuck with it they get karma. This might be hard if the items are you customer’s stuff. then, just dump the cats (responsibly, not outside) or blockade them from entering that work space.

1 Like

Anthropomorphize much?

Tie a ball or a piece of string to a pole/long piece of wood.

Tenis balls.

Not feather store bought poles.

Think as a cat. Put some coins in a can, close the can. Yes, it is noisy, do not use at night.

Use your imagination man.

Lasers pointers should be available at small stationary stores near schools.

At least your cats do not dump your stuff in the litterbox. Mine love to do that to my change purse. My cleaning lady thinks there is some odd tradition in my country to spread change all over the house.

5 Likes

I tried this

I think the cat is afraid of it

3 Likes

The cat is trying to train you to be neat. Why are you such a slow learner?!?

4 Likes

You need something soft and bouncy. Something they can chase/attack/stalk.

1 Like

Hell, I’m afraid of that!

7 Likes

Maybe you can set them up around your work area and the cat will be too scared to steal parts any more

2 Likes

:thinking:

:thinking:

:smirk_cat:

1 Like

“Domesticated”, buahahahaha. :rofl:

3 Likes

This reminded me of a movie I saw about 40-45 years ago.

From about 22:19 to about 23:49:

1 Like

Stationary stores, people use them for presentations

2 Likes

For your perusal. You are a craftsman, you have the tools, you have the imagination.

As a matter of fact, this could make you more $$$.

9 Likes

I do wish there were a way to establish WHICH toys would catch which cats’ interest. Some do, some don’t, and are a waste of money - except for the box it came in, which the cats always enjoy.

3 Likes