Caucasian teachers only.....?

[quote=“ImaniOU”][quote=“Vannyel”][quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“Vannyel”]
But since I seriously doubt you really want an explanation I will leave you to ponder how what is morally acceptable in one culture is not in another. [/quote]
One simple question for you sir: Is it wrong, in your opinion, for an employer to discriminate against potential employees because of race? A simple yes or no will suffice.[/quote]
There is no simple answer…in Taiwan, ‘no’ because I refuse to apply U.S. standards to this culture (or any other). In the U.S., it is illegal therefore wrong. I don’t hire or fire so personally I don’t ponder the question too much. And yes, I have been denied a job because of my race - it was in the U.S. and unlike Taiwan they didn’t bother to list it in the newspapers so I wasted my time applying for a job that was looking for a minority employee to fill their government quota. Lucky for me, I found a better job. :wink:
[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 573#230573](The Mormon invasion of Taiwan - thoughts?

Simply saying, “Who are we to impose our own cultural morals on them?” would have done much better than either one of the posts you have made on this subject…both of which were rather tedious reads.

From your little sycophantic comment on being a “victim” of reverse discrimination, I don’t think we need to guess how fair you think it is that Asians and blacks are getting theirs here in Taiwan in their job hunt.

I’d hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but many jobs for Taiwanese schools that discriminate do not openly advertise that they want only white people. I learned this the hard way when I spent nearly 6 months trying to find a job despite having a year of ESL teaching experience in the US and a year of studying Mandarin under my belt in addition to my educational qualifications. I doubt the people they chose to hire over me had accomplished any of those things.
The fact that they hire less qualified people who fit a certain physical description over definitely more qualified non-white people makes it much more different than the so-called racism that you faced in the US where both candidates are supposed to be similarly qualified before race becomes an issue.[/quote]
I am surprise it took you so long to respond and I appreciate the time you took to skip over TS remark - [quote]A foreigner is denied an opportunity based on race (or for that matter is offered one), so what? If we want equal rights, we need to go back to the country from which we obtained our passport. [/quote] to address my “little sycophantic comment on being a “victim” of reverse discrimination.” If anyone is being a sycophant my dear it is you - a couple of years out of college, still full of yourself and trying to prove your worth to the world. Being old enough to be your father, I consider the source and dismiss your remarks while realizing someday you may grow out of this phase. As for how fair the system here, I have said it before and I will say it again this is not my country, I am not a citizen and I don’t judge the local standards. But I could ask why you - yet again, why if you feel it’s so bad here, why did you come here? So people will feel sorry for you because “they hire less qualified people who fit a certain physical description over definitely more qualified non-white people?” Or because you couldn’t find a job in the U.S. because there you weren’t qualified?