CDs you can't live without?

ImaniOU, because of your choice I must ask one simple question…

Will you marry me?

keith jarrett, live at the blue note, 6CD boxed set…compared to this everything else fades to insignificance…

oh and underworld live…everything everything…to be taken with the little pink pill…

On a beach with a drink in your hand: Bob Marley

Going through a dungeon: Black Sabbath

Wild drinking and partying: Violent Femmes

Road trips: Led Zeppelin

Quiet night at home: Johnny Cash

48 hours on Khao San Road killed my love of Marley. I should have made it One Night in Bangkok (now that’s a great song).

Just to make you all incredibly jealous…I saw The Jam in Vancouver (The Kerrisdale Arena of all places) back in 81…or was it 82…ahhhh those good old cherry oil days…

But my 2 CD’s…hmmmmmm???

Old school…Stop Making Sense

and…???

Okay…cuz I am so into it these days…Comfort Eagle by Cake…but I reserve the right to change it…

And I cannot get One Night in Bangkok outta my noggin’…not that I want to…but it’s driving my friends crazeeee…just mention Thailand and I start in…

Siam’s gonna be the witness
To the ultimate test
Of cerebral fitness

This thrills me more
Than any muddy old river
Or reclining Buddha

Oh yeah Babeee…I can feel the devil walking next to me…

Ooooops…changed my mind already…trading in the Cake CD for Alice’s glam classic…Welcome To My Nightmare…ask me to perform the Vincent Price monologue for you sometime… :smiling_imp:

“I don’t see you guys rating
The kind of mate I’m contemplating
I’d let you watch, I would invite you
But the queens we use would not excite you”

That’s one song that if I get it in my head for a few hours it doesn’t bother me at all.

Unlike a song such as Aqua’s Barbie Girl (“Life in plastic, it’s fantastic” “C’mon Barbie, let’s go party”).

I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine!

What is soul?

Soul is a hamhock in your cornflakes.

Soul is a joint rolled in toilet paper.

"Well I won’t back down
No I won’t back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won’t back down

No I’ll stand my ground
Won’t be turned around
And i’ll keep this world from dragging me down
Gonna stand my ground
And i won’t back down."

The oldies are far too many to list, but of recent acquisitions, the one I just can’t stop listening to is “Rush of Blood to the Head” by Coldplay.

I hate to say, but for once I actually agree with Al Sharpton.

The Dem Candidates’ Favorite Songs

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Favorite songs chosen by the Democratic presidential candidates at Tuesday’s debate:

Former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun (search) – “You Gotta Be,” Des’ree.

Al Sharpton (search) – “Talking Loud, Saying Nothing,” James Brown. He called it “James Brown’s song about the Republican Party.”

Sen. John Edwards (search) – “Small Town,” John Mellencamp.

Sen. John Kerry – “No Surrender,” Bruce Springsteen.

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean – “Jaspora,” Wyclef Jean.

Sen. Joe Lieberman --“Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow,” Fleetwood Mac; “My Way,” Frank Sinatra.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich – “Imagine,” John Lennon.

Rep. Dick Gephardt – “Born in the USA,” Bruce Springsteen.

Sen. Bob Graham – “Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes,” Jimmy Buffett.

Want to replicate an Australian scientist’s experiment?

Get some of those CDs you can’t live without, smear some yogurt on it. Let it dry. Maybe feed it with a few drops of beer. Let it dry. Then pop it into your CD player. You will hear the music in a completely new way. The Cd will still play but the music will come out sounding a bit different as the bacteria have shaped the sound in weird ways.

The U.K.'s latest rap sensation causes controversy over his “Tory Killa” single

1. Baby Boy: Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul
  2. Shake Ya Tailfeather: Nelly, P Diddy & Murphy Lee
  3. Get Low: Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins
  4. Right Thurr: Chingy
  5. Frontin’: Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z
  6. Damn!: YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon
  7. P.I.M.P.: 50 Cent
  8. Into You: Fabolous Featuring Tamia/Ashanti
  9. Stand Up: Ludacris Featuring Shawnna
  10. Where Is The Love?: Black Eyed Peas

Anybody notice anything about this list taken from this week’s Billboard Top 10 Singles? Other than that they all suck, of course. It’s a first for something.

[quote=“mod lang”]Anybody notice anything about this list taken from this week’s Billboard Top 10 Singles? Other than that they all suck, of course. It’s a first for something.[/quote]They are all needed help from someone else (X Featuring Y) ? None of them can spell ?

Is it that they are all African-American ‘artists’?
Or that they’re all hip-hop songs?

[quote=“Muffin”]Is it that they are all African-American ‘artists’?
[/quote]

Bingo. This is the first time in history the Billboard Top Ten has been made up entirely of black “artists”. What a proud moment for black America, or, err, something…

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“Muffin”]Is it that they are all African-American ‘artists’?
[/quote]

Bingo. This is the first time in history the Billboard Top Ten has been made up entirely of black “artists”. What a proud moment for black America, or, err, something…[/quote]Sean Paul for one looks as black as Halle Berry, ie not very.

Album cover challenge

Warning to oldsters: most of these seem to be of rather recent vintage.

1. Shubert – Impromptu. Soothes even the worst hangover.

2. Pink Floyd - Meddle . Chosen for side B, Echoes. Can music get any better than this?