Changing ARC address if not renting

Hey all,

So my girlfriends father has some property and one is currently not occupied and he keeps asking me to move in lol. I think it will eventually be his daughter’s and he wants it taken care and not rented out.

How do I prove to NIA that I changed address if I’m not paying rent and the bills will be in his name?

My current lease is up in February, so u have dec/Jan to figure this out and move in.

Is he going to pay internet to? If not use that bill as proof of address.

I would move over my changwha internet/mod subscription, great!

You need to have your current address on your ARC. When moving you have two weeks to change it.

Don’t worry about it, NIA is not strict on this and seems like they don’t really care(at least that’s my experience)

Just move and forget about the address.

You could get him to write a simple rental agreement , showing 2000 a month rent… or below taxation , Nia not interested in amount . You can say you are renovating . They just want a piece of paper with the address on it really . No tie up between tax office and Nia that i can see .

2 Likes

Wow, my experience has been just the opposite. NIA (in Taoyuan) has always been sure to mention the fine if the address hasn’t been changed within 15 days. However, they’ve let me sign a note fudging my moving date, but they still make it a point to mention the fine.

Also, banks, phone companies, etc. have always asked to see my ARC with new address before they’ll change it in their system. My experience, anyway.

1 Like

We recently had a similar discussion:

1 Like

So this would be two weeks after the current lease expires?
Even if I move earlier than this date, it’s not like they will come knocking on my door to check if I am at home…right…:neutral_face: