Cheapest / Best way to get to TPE from Taipei

[quote=“humuhumu”]how long does it take to get from taizhong–CKS?
or from taizhong–Taipei?[/quote]
The bus from Taizhong to CKS takes around two hours; the one from Taizhong to Taipei, two and a half. That is with not too much traffic. If the traffic’s heavy it will take a bit longer.

I’m not sure what time the first bus from Taizhong to CKS is but I don’t think it’s early enough for you to be at the airport a comfortable time before your flight. What you might consider doing is staying at a hotel in Taoyuan overnight: there are a couple of reasonable ones and I think it’s about a 600NT taxi trip to the airport.

[quote=“humuhumu”]how long does it take to get from taizhong–CKS?
or from taizhong–Taipei?[/quote]
The bus from Taizhong to CKS takes around two hours; the one from Taizhong to Taipei, two and a half. That is with not too much traffic. If the traffic’s heavy it will take a bit longer.

I’m not sure what time the first bus from Taizhong to CKS is but I don’t think it’s early enough for you to be at the airport a comfortable time before your flight. What you might consider doing is staying at a hotel in Taoyuan overnight: there are a couple of reasonable ones and I think it’s about a 600NT taxi trip to the airport.

Just a thought… when are you going? I’ll be doing a lot of airport trips from Taichung in the next few weeks so you might hit one of the days I’m heading out there. We could split the gas then I’m happy. I’ll definitely be going out this Friday, the following Friday and a few other unconfirmed dates.

[quote=“humuhumu”]hey guys

sorry for not checking back till now
thanks very much for all the info…[/quote]

Just go out that night and get the bus at 3. You’ll be fine.