Cheapest Pub in Taipei is?

The cheapest pub in Taipei is?

A six-pack from 7-11

I think a six-pack from Tesco is cheaper than 7-11.

Probably crap.

Go to a seafood restaurant with outdoor seating. Order draugh Taiwan Beer all night. Very cheap.

Brian

look for happy hours…ie hooters (ewww!) 5-7 pm 2 for 1

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Go to a seafood restaurant with outdoor seating. Order draugh Taiwan Beer all night. Very cheap.

Brian[/quote]

Order the gong bao ji ding. That’s (very) hot & spicy chicken. It’ll make you drink more beer to douse the flames.

did not know 7-11 diversified and are now in the pub business.

Who cares? I gave up drinking cheap crap in grotty surroundings years ago. I don’t work the massively long hours I do so that I can swill recycled urine in some bomb shelter.

You get what you pay for, although sometimes you may have to wait for it.

True, many beer houses or seafood places are great for cheap beer and food. Draft Taiwan beer (very drinkable) for NT$90 is not uncommon.
My Place in the Zone has NT$100 draft beer on tap (San Miguel and Carlsburg) during happy hour until 9pm.

I spotted that… :laughing:

Bob

The Philippino bars in or near the zone are reasonably priced.
Remember, " A fool and his money are easily parted!"
Join the 100NT Club.
Every member refuses to pay more than 100 for a drink. ANYWHERE
www.100NTbeerclub.com.tw
Many members.

[quote=“Pete”]The Philippino bars in or near the zone are reasonably priced.
Remember, " A fool and his money are easily parted!"
Join the 100NT Club.
Every member refuses to pay more than 100 for a drink. ANYWHERE
www.100NTbeerclub.com.tw
Many members.[/quote]

Link doesn’t work?

At least we know the cheapest pub patron in Taiwan. I say we have a Petefest and swill down cheap suds in the Zone. The haute cuisine will consist of free peanuts and anything we manage to scrape off the floor.

You mean Pete? :noway:

@Pete, just tried the 100NTbeerclub link and it still doesn’t work. Sounds a decent link worth knowing about when it’s operational. I second yr point about the cheap Filipino bars on Sunday afternoons when beers are as low as NT$50; these are good places to know.

Ladies & Gentlemen–the cheapest pub in town…

The Voice, in a lane behind Brass Monkey. I mean, you go down the first lane off Nanjing Dong Lu, crossing the street from the MRT station. Clear enough directions? I’ll get an address if you’re interested…

Not exactly the most hoppin’ place in town, but you can’t argue with the 2 beers for $150. That’s right. Your choice of two Taiwans, TIGERS, or some sewage swill called Budweiser. The owner, Nina, is a total sweetheart. Some would say TOO MUCH of a sweetheart, but that’s just loose talk. Anyway, come on down. It’s small dive with a nice patio area, great place to chill after a long night…or a good place to start a long night. Thursday night is Tiger Girl night, Friday is Bud Girl night. Ask for the complimentary massage. Tell 'em Roberto sent you.

The Chairman has spoken

[quote]Ladies & Gentlemen–the cheapest pub in town…

The Voice, in a lane behind Brass Monkey.[/quote]

Yes, very cheap when the owner (flirting with me like crazy) was too drunk to remember how many beers I’d had (and I was supposed to be sober enough to make this claculation???). “Umm, six, I guess”. :laughing:

Brian

That Sir is nothing to complain about!

Along this topic, does a similar place exist in Tainan?

Not looking for a knife & gun club, just a neighborhood bar with draft & food.

Preferably open in the afternoon.

Names and locations would be greatly appreciated.

Dude, they got neighborhood bars with grub and beer all over the place, even in Tainan I’m sure. You see a bunch of guys in wifebeaters and flip-flops smoking and drinking Taiwan beer and eating fried chicken, you know you at the right place. Damn cheap, too.