Cheeseburgers in Taiwan

Hmm…thanks for the info, Richardm. That’s right by the Renai circle, right?

I am also on quest for the perfect cheeseburger in Taipei.

Have you tried the one at the Sunday’s restaurant in the food court of the Breeze Center? I know–it is an awful name for a restaurant (a rip-off of Fridays?), but the cheeseburgers are spot-on. NT$ 150 for a set meal, which includes fries and a dwarf-sized can of Coke.

Any other places for a good cheeseburgers? Citizen Cain?

Hey, maybe we should make a thread about this, if there is not already one active???

The perfect cheeseburger?
Cheeseburger in paradise?

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Huge kosher pickle and french fried potatoes

My votes:

1. Malibu West (in the Wombat Zone) I think the other Malibu is probably the same. It has two, count 'em, two patties and oval buns.

2. Chili’s is a close second. Last time I got one, they didn’t have mustard. I was going to ask for some, but after I bit into it, I found It didn’t need any. So juicy and flavorful.

3. Q bar. I tried this thanks to recomendation from this board. I don’t like to eat in the dark, so next time I will go in daylight and eat outside.

Any other recomendations will be devoured with glee. and beer. with a napkin in my lap. no cameras please.

1. Sunday’s in the Breeze Center Food court.

NT$ 150 for a set meal, which includes fries and a dwarf-sized can of Coke. The burgers are only cooked (grilled, I think) after you order, so there’s a five minute or so wait. The hamburger buns are awesome, very moist and chewy, and the meat is great. Lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, and pickle slices are provided. You can add your own mustard (generic, out of a squeeze bottle) and ketchup (same). As a side bonus, the Breeze supermarket is one floor down, so you can stock up on Belgian beers after your meal.

1. Dan Ryan’s
    NT$ 250 for a cheesburger. Waitstaff has been trained to annoyingly (imho) always push you to add bacon or mushrooms to your cheeseburger. Not a bad place for a burger and a beer. Good for a lunch, or an early dinner if you have to meet someone in the area.

I haven’t tried Q Bar but I have heard that their burgers are good.

I’ll post some more places if I find a good cheeseburger anywhere else.

I can’t remember the price, but, Dave and Busters in Thai Mall has a decent cheeseburger. You can add all the fix-ins too!
My favs are fried onions+mushrooms and bacon (crisp please)!

fee,

I agree… Sundays at the Breeze Center food court has a very good cheeseburger (2 slices of cheese) with a set meal for NT$ 150. That’s tough to beat.

Stevieboy,

Where is the Thai Mall located? (And I hope it is not in Thailand, though I would be on the lookout for a good cheeseburger in Bangkok. Sometimes it is good to take a break from the spicy stuff–but only occassionally.)

I can confirm to the succulent taste of the Big Cheeseburgers in Malibu West and of the charming service within.

Where is the Thai Mall located? (And I hope it is not in Thailand, though I would be on the lookout for a good cheeseburger in Bangkok. Sometimes it is good to take a break from the spicy stuff–but only occassionally.)[/quote]
He meant to say TaiMall. As in Taiwan. And it’s in Taoyuan…

Thanks, Maoman.

Taoyuan is a little out of the way for me, even if the place is serving great cheeseburgers.

I think I’ll stick to Taipei on this quest, since I’d like to go back (regularly) to the place if a good cheesburger is being served.

Swensen’s aren’t too bad…but I think Chili’s burgers are excellent, even if I usually get their Cajun chicken burger rather than the beef hamburger.

Where is Qbar located as Ive been meaning to try their burgers for a long time based on the good reviews here.

Fee,
In Bangkok, Woodstock has the best burgers in town.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s on the first (or second) alley south (in the direction of RenAi Road) of ChungHsiao East Road, Section 4, between Lane 216 and YenChi St.

#16, Alley 19, Lane 216, Chung Hsiao East Road, Section 4, Taipei

My Place in the Zone has burgers the size of small pizzas. You have to have a mouth like Alien to bite into one… :laughing:

My vote in order:

Breeze (B2)
Q Bar
Grandma Nitti
Hamburger Mary’s (Tien Mu)
MOS Burger (spicy MOS with cheese)
Swenson’s
Friday’s
Dan Ryan’s

…or buy the 30 pack frozen roll of Kirkland “Ground Sirloin Steaks” at Costco, and make them yourself with toasted white bread. yum…

That reminds me, there’s a Burger Queen beside the Combat Zone. The North South road just East of Chung Shan road.

Their Cheeseburger is big but not flavorful. I think they use two patties. It’s been a while since I’ve had one.

I went there yesterday based on yours and tigerman’s recommendation. Coal in both your stockings! The bun is moist and chewy because they microwave it :x , and the burger patty itself was nothing special. Neither were the fries. That place has nothing on either Dan Ryan’s or the Q Bar. Better than McD’s, but that’s not saying much.

I tried it too last week. The bun was a bit too chewy for my old teeth, but considering it costs from half to a fourth of those other places, I’d have to say it is not bad.

beef, ah good ol beef. taiwan (and the rest of SEAsia) has cut off purchases of US beef. hopefully Argentina and the Antipodeans can step in with out missing a beat.

i guess we can lok forward to more “new zealand beef” signs and higher prices. so be it.

I guess everyone has different tastes. I’m sorry that you did not like the burger there.

Probably a joke, but still a little harsh, especially on Christmas. :?

I still think that the cheeseburgers there are good. I was just stating my opinion, not urging everyone to storm the Breeze center basement and order a cheeseburger.

I hadn’t seen this. Is there something wrong with microwaves? I guess Q Bar and Dan Ryan’s don’t use them, right?

[quote]
, and the burger patty itself was nothing special. Neither were the fries. [/quote]
I respectfully disagree. I think the fries are excellent, and the patties are grilled up right there.

Well, as Richardm pointed out, price (but McDonald’s is cheaper still :frowning: , so I don’t know if that is much of an argument :blush: ).

I haven’t had the cheeseburger at the Q Bar, but I have had plenty at Dan Ryan’s. I’ll take the cheeerburgers at Sunday’s any day.

Once again, sorry that my pick didn’t hit the mark with you, Maoman.

So, Forumosans beware–I like the cheeseburgers at Sunday’s but you may not.

dear cheeseburger lovers,
i broke my diet (pouh gong) and went to Fridays. that was the best CB i’ve had in a long time. i walked it off in shi mun ding!
by the way, i think the CBs at TU in gong gwan are pretty good. also Mary’s hamburgers in tien mu!