Cheeseburgers in Taiwan

Mary’s in Tienmu do a great sloppy cheeseburger… perfect for post mountian bike ride fry up… together with their choc thickshakes.

TGI Fridays also have nice burgers,a bit pricy,but if u want something,money isnt an issue,yes.hooters are also good.

Taipei Sports Bar has a hell of a cheeseburger. For 220NT and fries it will be hard to beat.

OK, i gave up looking for GOOD cheeseburgers here ages ago, as everywhere seems to use that processed plastic junk that they try to pass off as cheese.

Most of the places mentioned so far are guilty of this, so do any of them use REAL cheese in the making of their burgers, or do i have to continue to resign myself to only getitng proper cheeseburgers at home. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

If you want the biggest cheeseburger in Taiwan, see Richardm.

[quote=“Traveller”]OK, i gave up looking for GOOD cheeseburgers here ages ago, as everywhere seems to use that processed plastic junk that they try to pass off as cheese.

Most of the places mentioned so far are guilty of this, so do any of them use REAL cheese in the making of their burgers, or do I have to continue to resign myself to only getitng proper cheeseburgers at home. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:[/quote]

most places ‘back home’ in the states serve cheeseburgers with, surprise surprise, processed cheese slices…its rare that i find a burger joint that puts a real handsliced chunk of cheddar or grueyere on a burger…after all, most burgers are cheap and filling, not painstakingly cooked and expensive…

before u knock all the places, give some of’em a try…Taipei Sports does a great burger, i’ve said it before and other ppl concur

-chris

Mungacious, where i come from REAL cheese is almost as cheap as the processed junk. If it meant paying an extra 5 or 10 NT to get it, then that is fine by me.

If you think a cheeseburger is goog without proper cheese, then that is your problem, not mine, i do not.

I can only assume that as most N Amercians here grow up using this kind of rubbish and they still form the majority of the expat population then nothing will change.

Seems like i will still be eating proper cheeseburgers at home.

‘chi’ burgers are available in The Zone.

Hooters burger? Ugh, it was drek. Ms. Janet OTOH made it very palatable along with liberal gulps of San Miguel.

My vote has to go with Taipei Sports Bar also. It’s a great burger. People should support Ray’s efforts to create other wonderful burgers :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lovestruck: :smiley:

Eat me!

(It took me all weekend to think of the proper response.)

Eat me!

(It took me all weekend to think of the proper response.)[/quote]

Too big to swallow? :help:

[quote=“Richardm”]That reminds me, there’s a Burger Queen beside the Combat Zone. The North South road just East of Zhongshan road.

Their Cheeseburger is big but not flavorful. I think they use two patties. It’s been a while since I’ve had one.[/quote]

That place is hilarious. It is like being in a 70s time warp, but the burgers aren’t bad–they’ve been making them probably longer than any place in Taipei today. Are there even any Burger Queens left in the States?

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“Richardm”]That reminds me, there’s a Burger Queen beside the Combat Zone. The North South road just East of Zhongshan road.

Their Cheeseburger is big but not flavorful. I think they use two patties. It’s been a while since I’ve had one.[/quote]

That place is hilarious. It is like being in a 70s time warp, but the burgers aren’t bad–they’ve been making them probably longer than any place in Taipei today. Are there even any Burger Queens left in the States?[/quote]
I walked by the other day and it looks like they moved to Minzu road just off of Zhongshan.

Looks like Richard is the guy to seek if you want a Burger Queen too :wink:

Happy Birthday for the other day :notworthy:. I would have said it earlier, but apparently something was wrong with Forumosa :idunno:

Thanks BFM. The cake has the words out of order. I think I have done the “live long” part.

I tried the Burger Queen again and it’s a little different from what I remember. Their biggest burger is 75 dollars and not too bad. It has a lot of vegetables and is a little heavy on the grease. The union rings, I cannot recommend. They were very very oily.

After extensive research on Taipei cheeseburgers, I have managed to raise my cholesterol by 50 points. My three favorite burgers are Chilis, Taipei Sports Bar, and Dan Ryans. Chilis is the biggest and most expensive. I usually get one of those El Presidente Margaritas to wash it down. Dan Ryans has a distinctive cheese. I usually don’t pay much attention to the cheese.

Try the cheeseburger at My Place in the Zone, Richardm.
Really.
You may have to break the food law: Never eat anything bigger than your head.

I am so bloody hungry after reading this torrent of cheeseburger discussion… too bad it’s almost 2 am… AI!!!

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Try the cheeseburger at My Place in the Zone, Richardm.
Really.
You may have to break the food law: Never eat anything bigger than your head.[/quote]
My Place and Malibu West receive honorable mention. They are big old-fashioned burgers. A perfect prelude to a night of lecherousness in the zone.
Sometimes my head is really big.

May I introduce you to Swenson’s? Cheeseburgers, steak fries, and thick milkshakes made of your choice of ice cream available 24 hours a day? Yes, even 2 am…

Here I was, planning to give up all meats except fish and I went and had not one, but two big thick mushroom burgers at Swenson’s during the last week.

So much for my arteries…