Chen as Hitler doll in parade

The KMT people who built that Hitler doll that they paraded in the parade in Taipei on Sunday, with President Chen as a likeness of Hitler, complete with Nazi swastika on his arm,PHOTO on TV, CNN worldwide and CHINA POST today…

What’s with these people? Are they deranged?

Nazi are a taboo subject in Taiwan? Or Asia in general?
Culture shock takes time to adjust.

Where’s the pic you’re referring to?

ac_dropout:

Enlighten us, just how is Chen Shuibian comparable to Hitler?

[quote=“Cola”]The KMT people who built that Hitler doll that they paraded in the parade in Taipei on Sunday, with President Chen as a likeness of Hitler, complete with Nazi swastika on his arm,PHOTO on TV, CNN worldwide and China POST today…

What’s with these people? Are they deranged?[/quote]

I haven’t seen it, but it sounds like the part of the Biannual Hitler Reference Festival, a Taiwanese tradition which ends with retractions and sheepish apologies. Remember the DPP ad around 5 years ago?

The b/w photo is on page 19 of the China Post today, but not online. Somebody maybe can scan and post here? Photographer was Eddie Shih staff foto man of the Post.

Caption reads: "Opposition demonstrators liken President CHen to fascist dictator Adolf Hitler, who reigned in Germany during the 1930s and early 1940s. "

It’s a huge effigy doll, like 5 meters tall, Hitler moustache and all, even with Nazi salute, but face and glasses are Chen Shui-bian. How utterly disgusting, and yes, we have seen it all before, you are right, above…

For local consumption, sure. Par for the course. But this image was broadcastl last night worldwide on CNN world report. Good Taiwan! Make friends internationally!

Besides the hair, his stature, and the left over of the Germany Nazi salute used in ROC, CSB is a shadow compared to the great leaders in history.

If CSB was 1/2 the man of any of the great conquerors in recorded history, he would taken over most of the Pacific, 1/2 up the mainland, and working on resurrecting the Yuan dynasty territorial claims by now.

Anyways without a picture how do I know this isn’t just another pan-Green fabrication to garner Western sympathy and the usually pan-Blue knee-jerk reaction?

Edit: Thanks for the info, I’ll need to get me a copy of the rag, put it in my cubicle to throw darts at.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Besides the hair, his stature, and the left over of the Germany Nazi salute used in ROC, CSB is a shadow compared to the great leaders in history.

If CSB was 1/2 the man of any of the great conquerors in recorded history, he would taken over most of the Pacific, 1/2 up the mainland, and working on resurrecting the Yuan dynasty territorial claims by now.

Anyways without a picture how do I know this isn’t just another pan-Green fabrication to garner Western sympathy and the usually pan-Blue knee-jerk reaction?[/quote]

ac, just go to 711 now and buy the frigging post, page 19. LOOK!

On my way to get a bian dang, a complimentary yogurt drink, and a new dart board. :smiling_imp:

And then post here…

Nice to see someone besides US President George Bush being a parade puppet!

(beat you wankers to the Bush reference… :smiling_imp: )

Fom a Taipei Times interview with Jason Hu in April 2004 (link at the bottom):

TT: If a blue-camp supporter asked you whether Chen could be compared to Hitler, what would you say?

Hu: [The supporter] has to be responsible for what he says. I can’t stop people from doing negative campaigning or propaganda.

TT: Do you think Chen Shui-bian can be compared to Adolf Hitler?

Hu: At this moment it is not wise for me to answer that kind of question, because I never said that. What more do you want? I never said that, and I don’t support other people doing it, or I don’t support, in general, negative campaigning. I don’t think it’s fair to push me to this extreme and say, “Well, do you approve or not?” Do you want me to stand up and say, “You should not do that”? I don’t think it’s fair.

th.gio.gov.tw/show.cfm?news_id=20459

I saw it last night on CNN. Once again the KMT makes Taiwan look like a bunch of ignorant buffoons to the world.

Oh, I don’t think you can give them all of the credit for that. :smiley:

Yeah, seriously. Taiwanese make Taiwan look like a bunch of ignorant buffoons to the world. Buffoonery is an equal opportunity trait in Taiwan.

For some misguided reason the KMT has used Hitler in many types of ads over the years. The blue supporters can’t see the irony that it was their own party that created a murderous dictator. If anyone should be likened to the nazis/hitler it should be the KMT. Also, I believe CKS’s adopted/illegitimate son Chiang Wen-kou trained and served in the Wehrmacht and was later his aid.

[quote=“AC Dropout”]Anyways without a picture how do I know this isn’t just another pan-Green fabrication to garner Western sympathy and the usually pan-Blue knee-jerk reaction?

Edit: Thanks for the info, I’ll need to get me a copy of the rag, put it in my cubicle to throw darts at.[/quote]

To AC Dropout:

Love,

STOP Ma.

That’s hardly Hitler, just an SS CSB.
By the way, there is already a thread on this.

[quote=“zeugmite”]That’s hardly Hitler, just an SS CSB.
By the way, there is already a thread on this.[/quote]

That thread doesn’t have pictures of this pathetic display.

Is that swastica the wrong way around ?

Looks more like Lian Zhan to me.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Is that swastica the wrong way around ?

Looks more like Lian Zhan to me.[/quote]

Chillax dudes, The KMT is saying that CHEN IS BUDDHIST AND THAT IS A NONO! DIE BUDDHISTS DIE!!!

OR

that Lien Chan is a Buddhist whom dresses like Nazis. And they worship Lian/Nazi by parading with large figures.

OR

“AM I HOT OR NOT”