Chen as Hitler doll in parade

[quote=“STOP_Ma”][quote=“zeugmite”]That’s hardly Hitler, just an SS CSB.
By the way, there is already a thread on this.[/quote]

That thread doesn’t have pictures of this pathetic display.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s why you post into that one so it does.
Duh.

Yeah.
They did get the swastika backwards.
Not overseas students.

Looks more like Charlie Chaplin in that satire movie. “The great pretender” was it?

Can anyone post the photo here?

I suggest you go to my thread and save the pics to your computer, then upload them to www.imageshack.us .

I guess all Chinese people do look a like…duh.

But in any case, all this shows is that there are no Holocaust victims on Taiwan, or victims of Nazi aggression. People accultured by the USA or Europe, might see this as taboo. However, Taiwan is not a Western country.

So there are some on Taiwan that feel A-bian is like a Nazi, are they not entitled to that opinion and allow to gather in public to share that opinion.

I though political satire was one of those annoying things protected by the ROC constitution that the KMT brought over with them and enforced shortly after lifting martial law.

How in the world could anyone claim Chen is in any way like Hitler or a Nazi? I don’t really care about the breaking of western “taboos”, but I just think there is no logic to the act.

Is there something Chen did that I missed? I was out of Taiwan for part of his presidency, perhaps he did something Nazi-like then. Perhaps one of you hardcore unification “nutters” (to use your own terminology) could give me the details. Please let me know, I’m actually a little curious.

And here I thought that political satire was one of those annoying things that got you punished under the new national security laws the KMT passed immediately after martial law was lifted, so that they could carry on suppressing dissidents and make the lifting of martial law cosmetic.

Vorkosigan

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Is that swastica the wrong way around ?

Looks more like Lian Zhan to me.[/quote]

Yes, BFM, that’s the first I noticed today too, that’s thing is on backwards. That’s the Buddhist sign, not the Nazi sign. Dummies. They don’t even know the difference I am sure…

[quote=“ac_dropout”]

I thought political satire was one of those annoying things protected by the ROC constitution that the KMT brought over with them and enforced shortly after lifting martial law.[/quote]

AC, what people object to is not the satire, it’s the stupidity , the dumbness. Hitler images are okay, as long as they make sense. This one just does NOT at all. EVen one dislikes Chen, and many do, the Hitler comparison is a sick, deranged one. Hardly satire. It just shows how stupid the KMT is and Ma Injun too!

this thread has been continued at the more graphic SCREEN SHOTS post above…thanks mods for the art work, looks cool in color!

Where’s the thread?

Where’s the thread?[/quote]

For some reason, the mods decided to put my thread (along with the pics) on page 2 of this thread.

I thought the pics deserved a front page, but the mods disagreed apparently.

[quote=“STOP_Ma”]
For some reason, the mods decided to put my thread (along with the pics) on page 2 of this thread.

I thought the pics deserved a front page, but the mods disagreed apparently.[/quote]

Thanks! :laughing:

Although I posted these here 2 years ago in a different thread, they’re still relevant. The KMT has [i]always[/i] liked swastikas, Nazi trappings, salutes and goosestepping. Here are photos of Chiang Kai-shek’s son Wego. He was in the Nazi 98th Gebirgsjaeger Regiment and served during the Anschluss. Looks pretty spiffy in his uniform, wouldn’t you say?

Notice the swastikas? :laughing:

Oh! The IRONY!

The sick twisted IRONY of it all!!!

Thanks for that, Comrade Stalin!! Thanks very much!!!

The name is Jiang Wei Guo by the way, not Wego. 纬国

I thought Hitler and Nazi Germany was considered a strong leader and a strong country by many :loco: , and that was the reason why he and the swastica was used in advertising for electrical heaters, and as theme in restaurants etc. (ref. a thread some time ago). :unamused:
Doesn’t that fact and the display of Chen as Hitler mean that the Blue-camp demonstrators in fact think Chen is a strong leader?

He wrote his name as “Wego”…if you’d lived in Taiwan any length of time or knew anything about KMT history, you’d know this. “Jiang” was never, ever used. No one here in Taiwan wrote their names using pinyin…as pinyin was for all intents and purposes illegal.

China Post, page 19, again today, more Hitler photos of Chen in Sunday’s demo… swastika still backwards, i guess the KMTers don’t read this site…

I dropped by the rally yesterday afternoon for a couple minutes, as I was in the neighborhood. Got there in time to see the Hitler Chen Shuibian doll as well as hear the crowd chant “Chen Shuibian is a fascist! Taiwanese independence is fascism!” (陳水扁法西斯!台獨法西斯!)

I can think of a thousand bad things to say about Chen, but being a fascist is hardly one of them.

Whether I support the blues or the greens isn’t based on which side’s fundamental values I agree with more (mostly because I think neither side has any fundamental values), but rather which side looks the less idiotic. Deciding which side is less idiotic is awfully hard at times.