Chicago’s VERY Own Thread

Yes. Yes, I would. Especially the crimes part. Randomly say shooting people at a party because you are jobless doesn’t compute.

I’m not condoning shooting. There is absolutely no reason ANYONE should have the kind of firearms that people are using to murder fellow Americans daily. Even soldiers are taught “one shot, one kill”. The weapons people are using to murder school children and people shopping at grocery store across the US should not exist. Full stop. They absolutely should not under any circumstance be available to anyone that wants to buy them, as the current law allows (background checks are meaningless; even in gun stores you can be flagged during a background check and the store just needs to let the FBI know that you bought the gun within three days)

But the root cause of every single war in the entirety of human history has been due to fights over resources. When the average person can’t afford to feed and house and themselves, that’s very much the trigger for war, even if we’re talking about an internal/domestic/limited to the immediate neighborhood kind of war.

OK. I’m not wearing socks atm.

No, they’re most certainly not.

That’s not what Helen said.

As for your gun comments, yes, of course, no one needs a semi automatic weapon. You’re not exactly breaking ground in the thread with that observation.

Work the problem Chicago!

MSNBC is not amused. Hold violent criminals in jail until trial? Don’t release them on their own recognizance? How dare you!

The snitch rule:

of course they’re entitled to a presumption of innocence. Of course they’re entitled to their day in court. But residents in our community are also entitled to safety from dangerous people, so we need to keep pressing the criminal courts to lock up violent dangerous people and not put them out on bail or electronic monitoring back into the very same communities where brave souls are mustering the courage to come forward and say, ‘This is the person who is responsible.’

We stayed home and watched the remake of Carrie, then did some work in the garden, listened to a bit of Ice Cube.

Where was the good guy with gun?

It’s because although it’s a mostly white area, there were some Negroes living a few miles away- that’s what caused it.

Love the empathy, guys. You’re so edgy.

3 Likes

The problem is the reality that everyone is shrugging their shoulders at this point. People died at the hands of a gunman, again, and nothing will be done to address the fact that the problem with guns is guns. Again.

Congress went and passed legislation against gun access and in the same week the Supreme Court (a formerly a-political branch of the government) took away the right of states to control who can carry a gun. It is an indisputable fact: republicans and the majority on the Supreme Court want to watch Americans live in fear of their next gathering ending in tragedy. They enjoy seeing chaos in the streets, including in “wealthy white suburbs”. If this wasn’t a fact, legislation would have happened long ago to end the problem.

That’s a biased view, and you are entitled to it. As a republican, I assure you we don’t all feel the way you see it.

A lot of people think the blame rests on the Democrats, who allowed a national summer of violent riots, after decades of mismanaging urban decay and addiction, during a global pandemic and economic crisis to go relatively unpunished and drive up gun sales. Dems who encouraged the violence and violent rhetoric of the left against the right, at first, then anyone who didn’t agree with them on any other issue. The same dems who abandoned the middle ground and decided to let the the mouthy narcissists to steer the boat.

As for the legislation, nothing has been done for decades, by either party, that has resulted in fewer gun sales. I’d say we’re about two steps away from political assassinations — but I’m a positivist. It’s probably more like one. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

I wasn’t nearly this pessimistic towards the gop until last week, when the Supreme Court judges they appointed told NY that they couldn’t restrict gun access under pretty much any circumstance. That’s a leap in the wrong direction if you think there’s such thing as safety. And there is “safety” in every developed country but the one legalizing increasingly more weapons.

Yeah, the Governor got right on that, so nah, it’s a hyperbolic fear burger.

I don’t much follow the straw that broke the camel’s back is my focal point philosophy, as you seem to. As for SCOTUS, the GOP stacking was years in the making. Years. If you don’t also get mad at Harry Reid while you bark at the Right for the recent rulings, you’re doing yourself a disservice.

I believe there’s a video of McConnel saying that Reid would regret the decision to mess with the SCOTUS votes. Sadly, he was too old and frail to live out the mess he caused because he wasn’t willing to find common ground.

I figure we’ll have more mess before we have more common ground.

South of 60th and West of Washington Park is all black, very dangerous. Most of Chicago shootings occur in just that one area.

Blacks wanted Obama’s museum in Washington Park. He said No ___ing Way and put it next to Museum of science and Industry

I don’t know if that is accurate. Got proof?

You don’t know because You haven’t lived there.

Nationally
55.9 percent of all murders in USA are committed by 4 percent of the population, black male aged 14-40

Note the green and blue plots under homicide

That’s silly. I don’t know because I can’t be expected to know everything about everything.

I will check out the links. Cheers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-schools-watchdog-finds-hundreds-021144183.html

Keep it classy, Chicago.

From the comments:

Most of this sexual assault stuff would disappear if we would stop acting like 15 year Olds don’t have sex. We don’t mind giving KIDS narcan to help them with their overdoses on illegal drugs but have sex with an adult is soooooo bad.

Lightfoot probed!

Lightfoot’s out. Got crunched.

2 Likes