Chicago’s VERY Own Thread

Damn it. You stole my thunder! Just saw the news!

Ding dong!

3 Likes

No love for Lightfoot:

“What you’ve done to me is nothing compared to what you’ve done to my city, the city of Chicago, the city that I was born and raised in, the city that I love with all my heart,” Kelly said to Lightfoot. “You became mayor. The people of Chicago elected you. You shut down our schools, you shut down the churches, you shut down the businesses.”
“You did the one thing that I thought could never happen,” Kelly continued. “As someone who was born and raised on the south side of Chicago, I never thought in my life that I would ever see the city of Chicago brought down so low as you have managed to bring it down. Shame on you. That is a legacy that you are going to have to carry.”

“Future historians are going to have a hard time understanding how you ever even became mayor of the city of Chicago,” Kelly said. “I intend to write that book. I intend to make sure that at least there is some possible way for the city of Chicago to move forward. I hope that you realize what damage you have done to the city. I hope that after today’s city council meeting, you will pack your suitcase and get the hell out of my city……you are a pandemic. You are a pandemic. Thank you.”

1 Like

Nothing but the best in Chi-town.

Johnson owed $3,357.04 in unpaid water and sewer charges. He paid his water bill for the first time since June 22, 2022, in February. And, when he did pay his bill in February, it was only for $91.08.

Additionally, Johnson reportedly owed the city $1,044.58 in unpaid traffic tickets from 2014 and 2015.

He has also accrued $6,661.70 in fines and penalties due to nonpayment.

Well, times are tough.

Johnson also reportedly makes over $175,000 a year.

Anyway, he did get it replayed. :+1:

14000 shootings in 4 years with black progressive mayor Lori lightfoot

Then Chicago elects another black progressive mayor and one who said publicly the police should be defunded

Chicago will become like Detroit, Memphis, Baltimore … diverse and dangerous

and Trump wants to defund the FBI, but that’s not going to happen either.

I’m more concerned about the “fire weather watch” at the top of the site.

I’m sure it’s not gunfire. :praying:

No, the United States has already accepted that much of the population will be murdered at gunpoint and doesn’t want to do anything about it. Today’s mass shooting was in Louisville anyway, which would require driving through an entire separate state to get to from Chicago.

Wildfire warnings in the Midwest. Sure, it’s not like some of the worst wildfires in history weren’t there, but we don’t think of the Flatlands as “wildfire territory”. The Great Lakes Region has been looked at as “safer” as we put up with climate change, but we’re all SOL if anywhere has the chance of going up in smoke.

1 Like

Whatever floats your boat, man. I’m more of a positive guy myself.

In a rare press release on April 11 announcing store closures, Walmart said bluntly that these stores “have not been profitable since we opened the first one nearly 17 years ago.”
“These stores lose tens of millions of dollars a year, and their annual losses nearly doubled in just the last five years,” the company said. “The remaining four Chicago stores continue to face the same business difficulties, but we think this decision gives us the best chance to help keep them open and serving the community.”

For no apparent reason, apparently.

Springtime in Chi-town!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-takeover-terrorizes-chicago-hundreds-173107909.html

Fox 32 reported that the chaos appeared to be another “Teen Takeover” of the city that was planned on social media, noting that a similar scene played out in Chicago last year.

Police say a 6-year-old boy was shot in the arm near the Chicago Loop and a 17-year-old boy was shot in the leg. Both were taken to Northwestern Hospital and listed in fair condition, according to a report from WLS.

They are going to need a very larger restorative circle.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/04/11/the_chicago_teachers_union_now_runs_the_mayors_office__149086.html

There have been five work stoppages – in 2012, 2016, 2019, 2021, and 2022 – since CORE took over. The city has increased spending by 55% since then, but nearly 80% of Chicago 11th graders could not read or perform math at grade level, according to state data from 2022. Meanwhile, nearly half of CPS students are chronically absent. Nearly 90,000 students have left the district since 2010, and nearly one-third of CPS schools are half full.

With results like that, the union still clamors for more power. And they take out anyone who stands in their way. After beloved CPS teacher Joe Ocol refused to walk out on his students during the 2016 teacher strike, he was kicked out of CTU and asked to give up his pay.

Where the white women at?

I wonder if she was targeted because of her skin color?

Media caption Teen takeover is dishonest

Teens?

Emperor’s new clothes.

I don’t see any teen who is white Latino Chinese Japanese Korean, from India.

Don’t demonize those poor kids. It’s Walmart’s fault.

Less than two weeks after Chicago voters endorsed the hard-left mayoral candidacy of Brandon Johnson, throngs of riotous youths with mayhem and anarchy in their hearts invaded downtown Chicago, bringing fear, gunfire wounding two, a car fire-bombed, assault, looting and a vivid picture of a town suffering the logical repercussions of soft-on-crime progressivism.

Soon-to-be mayor Johnson mouthed platitudes condemning “destructive activity,” but he soon revealed his true feelings — “it is not constructive to demonize youth who have otherwise been starved of opportunities in their own communities.”

You’re worried about their feelings Mr. Johnson?

The true victims are not the terrorized Chicagoans and tourists in the Loop but these poor teens suffering from the injustices of oppressive, racist America and low tax rates for corporations and the wealthy?

Lame duck Mayor Lori Lightfoot was just as out of touch. She called the awful spectacle “reckless, disrespectful and unlawful” but also scapegoated the police and then allowed that it “is wrong … to say that it was mayhem.”

Your minority is going to marginalize my minority and what will happen when no one can hear us complain? :runaway:

And Texas feels your pain:

:speak_no_evil: