China has defeated poverty

They did it. :sweat_smile:

All joking aside, Chinese people lifted themselves out after Deng moved away from Maos dumb ass economic policies. Sadly, they are moving back to Maoist ideologies under Xi now. You know, the ideology that killed everyone in poverty due to starvation. I guess that’s one way to remove poverty.

8 Likes

$620. Not even a toonie a day.

LOL. Just redefine the meaning of “poverty”.

It’s prosperity with Chinese characteristics!

7 Likes

Hopefully the guidance and wisdom of the Central Planning Committee under the omnipotent guidance of Chairman Xi can lead the people of Taiwan out of poverty next.

While some in the island expressed worries, others welcomed the plan which they believe will “lead the people of Taiwan out of poverty.”

6 Likes

Almost spit out my tea laughing. :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s less than what I got as pocket money as a teen in the seventies of last century!

This Globaltimes can put a spin on it.

More deception!

So much love for Taiwan. :sunglasses:and people accuse the CCP of aggression … :thinking:

I just have one question about their proposed rail project. Why would anybody want to go to Beijing?

1 Like

Smoke!

Easy when one rewrites their own definitions :slight_smile:

Sad part is, the rest of tge world goes along with it…so who be dumb and who be dumber?

1 Like

The poverty created globally by the present pandemic is also compliments of the emperor himself plus CCP.

1 Like

Somebody missed something.

1 Like

I don’t see other countries lining up to congratulate them, and all the reports on it by international media I’ve seen have pointed the problems with China’s definition. Sources?

By go along with it i mean they enable it, not clap. Seems everyone is lining.up to business with them even though everyone knows whats going, no? I prime example of hypocrisy would.be germany. Not that they are unique in sucking the teet.

Certainly not unique
Increase in trade with China in 2020:
UK 10%
US 8%
EU 5%

Oh, they don’t count. They’re not Chinese, so therefore they don’t add to our poverty count.

we’ve seen this treatment of foreigners as sub-humans before, haven’t we?

They mean ‘migrant workers from other places in China’, not foreigners. Usually people from the poorer, more rural, inland provinces.
Only place I could think of where China would be seen as the promised land would be North Korea, and both sides keep a pretty tight watch on the border there- NK to keep anybody from leaving, and China to avoid being flooded by economic refugees (kinda ironic).

1 Like

Ah yes. Good point. I was thinking that they maybe did have migrant workers from Myanmar and Cambodia and Vietnam.

Still, their internal migrant workers are also dehumanised, not allowed to register in their new residence towns, not a dmitted to heatlh care and hospitals. It’s just a shit place to be alive.

Household registration is such an antique flawed system. I pray everyday taiwan scraps the whole damn thing, and we have it “good” here. They are Slaves in their own country. But to be fair, they arent really trying hard to deny that haha…they know no one actually cares.