China protests / uprisings - the start of Chinese Revolution 3.0? Effects on Taiwan?

All of the pro-China shills are coming out to compare China to how the west handled covid protests

1 Like

I got it. But it seems my point fell on deaf ears.

It seems so did mine.

Guy

Makes sense. The CCP trying to make out it is going easy on protestors , while actually just identifying them with Face recgonition technology and then sending them to the re-ducation camp at a later day.
Hopefully there will be just so many protestors that it becomes impossible.

1 Like

No I got it, I read the title.

Look at it this way, if there were a book on how to defuse a bomb and it went into all the different components that make up a bomb, all the different kinds of triggers all the different ways they can be put together and analyzed so you can defuse one. At the end of which yes, you may have described how to defuse all kinds of bombs, but you have also described something else, how to make them.

An expert who is well read on how to counter insurgencies to overthrow a government also through such knowledge becomes an expert on how to conduct an insurgency to overthrow a government.

The tv news is saying like the authorities loaded the rebellious workers from Foxconn into buses and sent them 800 kilometers away to a different province for “quarantine”. The other province folk did not want them, had nowhere to put em…has to handle it.

A certain number of protestors workers are missing…in the sense they put em on buses headed …who knows where.

1 Like

Wave a magic wand and suddenly anti-lockdown protesters are no longer “COVID deniers” or conspiracy theorists when they happen to be in China

11 Likes

The Xi government has insisted on Zero Covid (rebranded as “dynamic zero Covid”) in the face of omicron.

Every single place on earth, including Taiwan, looked at the R rate of omicron and concluded: no way, this cannot be contained in the way we could try to contain earlier variants.

So what is the PRC’s exit ramp? They have a relatively lousy vaccination rate, especially among the elderly, and seem to have done little or nothing to improve it. They have relatively poor medical facilities compared to many (not all) of their neighbours. They have actively refused to import foreign-made mRNA vaccines, instead insisting that intellectual property needs to be handed over as a precondition of importing them.

So here they are, with no way out. And somehow you think those protestors are just going to be smeared with epitets? Come on now.

Guy

1 Like

Lol that is not what happened. Taiwan fully believed they were going to contain it with closed borders, quarantines and masks. They didn’t, and they had to face the music slowly and reluctantly. Still in living in lala land about the masks unfortunately.

And it’s pretty sad how China can get triggered by seeing maskless crowds in the world cup but Taiwan could give less of a shit about it, they are probably seeing those guys running around the pitch and wishing they were all masked up!!

8 Likes

People don’t want the curtain drawn back. When it is they react. They would seem to be upset that the curtain was pulled back and that it’s there to begin with.

1 Like

Ummm… so, I wasn’t looking down my nose at you. You can find someone else to talk to online. I’ll just not respond to your posts any more. I don’t like casually chatting to people and being talked to like that. Mods are welcome to temp this post. That is all.

Protests spread to campuses and cities abroad.

Guardian Predicting Violent Crackdown

3 Likes

One can only hope.

Bless you.

From the second article:

There is no predicting how this will end, but the likelihood of a violent state response is high. Such a response, however, runs the risk of provoking further calls for democracy and equality that have begun to pepper the anti-lockdown protests. Just as people across China have experienced their own lockdowns and can sympathise with the Uyghur families who burned to death in their homes, they may come to further sympathise with the desire to be free of the Communist party’s iron grip.

If you can’t predict the outcome why title the article the way they did?

Oh right, The Guardian is a rag.

From the first;

Expatriate dissidents and students staged small-scale vigils and protests in cities around the world including London, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney, according to a Reuters tally.

In most cases, dozens of people attended the protests, though a few drew more than 100, the tally showed.

Gosh. Dozens? Call me when there are thousands.

Looks like the Western press are no longer fawning over Xi. A violent crackdown seems less likely at this stage. But who knows? The situation is unfolding by the hour. Totally unpredictable. I think he’s in hiding now, but that’s just an educated guess.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xi&sp=EgIIAg%253D%253D

At Beijing’s Tsinghua University, one of China’s most prestigious universities, students began using blank pages as protest in defiance of a new university policy barring the printing of unverified content at university printing facilities, according to a letter alumni wrote to the university administration in support of the campus demonstrations.

Add it to the ball. Call me when the students and the iPhone workers team up, then we’ve got a movie.

Other internet users chose to express their frustrations online by using phrases usually meant for praise and agreement, including variations of “yes yes yes” and “good good good.” On WeChat, multiple articles simply repeating the Chinese characters for “yes,” “sure,” and “good” hundreds—even thousands—of times have garnered over 100,000 views.

Such comments flooded some of the posts of China’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian’s official Weibo account. Several users responded “good good good good” to a post by Mr. Zhao on Sunday about gun-related deaths in the U.S. reaching more than 40,000 this year.

While I get what they have to do it that way, the modern netizen outrage is nothing without bodies, live or dead, in the streets. Lots of them.

Somewhere Hu Jintao is laughing.

6 Likes

They certainly held on to the delusion it could until it broke through in March or April… and even then they held on to pointless quarantine rules and denied travel Visas… until, oh a couple months ago. Yes, off topic and sure it’s no comparison to what is happening in the dystopian Orwellian nightmare that is modern-day China, but let’s not sugarcoat and reframe the very recent past.

7 Likes