China sentences Canadian to death

"What is Schellenberg’s case?

Schellenberg, who is believed to be 36, was arrested in 2014 and accused of planning to smuggle almost 500lb (227kg) of methamphetamine from China to Australia."

if-you-kill-your-enemies-they-win-justin-trudeau-15208163

Well, big victory for Canada here. Will China ever recover?

1 Like

Death penalty for planning?

Canada extradited Meng on the US’s behalf. Of course China will pick on Canada instead.

1 Like

Drug smuggling is a capital offence in China no mater what part of the food chain you are. The word planning is a bit misleading, he was in the process of buying the drugs at the time he was arrested. If I remember correctly that was a bit of a sting operation. he was getting the drugs from agents who where working undercover, he thought was a factory owner who would supply the drugs and organise shipping. But I may be getting this confused with another case as it was a while ago

bad move china. i put 2020, the date when they are planning to start the citizen score as the date to totally write china off but it may have to be pushed forward.

He was part of a plan to smuggle meth out of China, (not into) Edit: Oh just noticed that was pointed out twice already, oops

By ‘doing what the west did’ you mean that The China is starting wars with countries that refuse to buy addictive drugs exported by the state?

2 Likes

Just wasted a fair amount of time reading comments following the CBC’s take on this story. The Chinese internet trolls can barely keep up with the anti-China vitriol being written over there.

One bot’s retort to someone suggesting Canada oil stops being shipped to China, “Maybe China companies should stop shipping cell phones and like technology to Canada, hahaha.” facepalm…

2 Likes

No, just find it ironic they are flooding the west with synthetic opiates and other drugs and basically really fucking with society there. You’ve seen those bath salt stuff? You don’t even need to go on the black web. Just google chemical Raws in China and emails of this stuff will be found. They’re making so many new kinds the law can’t keep up. It’s big business there now, lots of factories popping up.

1 Like

So you’re saying the Chinese made shitloads of money in opium and now in synthetic drugs? How is that ironic?

The west was profiting from the sale of opium into China…now China is profiting from the sale of opiates and other synthetic back. I don’t get why this is hard to understand

If theres one thing I learned from the show “Locked up Abroad” its that No Governments can help in these cases. Even the US Govt can help its own citizens who commit these drug dealing/smuggling offenses abroad with friendly countries.

You are not making a lot of sense.

what the British did was invade India, force people to grow cash crops including opium instead of food, causeing millions to starve to death, and then force the Chinese to buy the opium at gunpoint causing two wars and causing the economic collapse of what was the largest economy in the world at that time.

What the Chinese are doing is exporting chemical raw materials on the internet and that’s the same thing?

Here is your google search

2 Likes

I understand the history…I’m saying the flow of drugs have shifted…it’s not a complex historical analysis.

I think you don’t get how the wholesale profits and retail profits can differ.

I’ll spell it out for you. Western companies shipped the shit to Chinese ports for silver, lots and lots of silver. Chinese ‘entrepreneurs’ then sold it down the road for huge profits, lots and lots more silver. Unless of course you believe they were giving it away.

1 Like

“accused of planning to smuggle almost 500lb (227kg) of methamphetamine from China to Australia.”

And you believe the raws being sent are wholesale now?

Sure but what is the role of the state in the flow of drugs? In the British example the state it was directly involvement in the production and sale of the drug, backed up with military force, and with catastrophic harm caused on two continents.

And you say that the Chinese are doing the same thing.

iicc, this is the 4th post pointing it out.

4 Likes

Hey we can all share the corrections pie! Its just to tempting to not correct.

I never mentioned the states role. Never compared the east India trading co to anything. Just cracking up about how the tables have turned. You’re thinking wayyyyy to hard about a light joke.