China sentences Canadian to death

I got the impression that you said the Chinese are doing the same as what the west did. And what the British did was carry out a state sanctioned drug trade backed up with military force. So I presumed that was the ‘what’ was

Anyway, I am just having light jokes too! :kissing_heart:

THIS IS KILLLING!!!

No…really, they really want to kill him.

The guy had previously been sentenced for similar crimes in Canada so it’s easier to believe that he was involved in what they claim he was. They did wait forever to try him initially so the re-trial and re-sentencing are likely a case of really bad timing, especially knowing that Trudeau is going to do nothing.

light jokes aside @Andrew0409 has a valid point,

All company’s in China have a political representative who make regular reports to the central goverment the larger the company the bigger the political scrutiny.
so if chemicals are being produced and sold overseas the “Party” will defiantly know about it.

Ask the people of xinjiang what they are being “paid” to produce in the reduction camps
and why there is so much Chinese investment / security on various ports world wide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/25/world/asia/china-sri-lanka-port.html

The last point is just my conjecture but a modern war is not just about guns and boots

Yes, they are doing the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5-Rrc2bRM

Anyone See Narcos 2 about the real life story of Felix Gallardo the first big Drug Lord of Mexico, Chapo Guzman was his driver. Pretty much shows the deep level of corruption at the highest levels of the Mexican Govt with US Govt involvement in Drugs since the days of Escobar in Columbia and Cali Cartel and how they all intermingled and the DEA agent that exposed them all which led to the current Cartel Wars after Gallardo was arrested and Sinaloa divided

Another good movie based on real events/people is “American Made” with Tom Cruise…talks about an ex TWA pilot becoming the worlds biggest drug smuggler for Escobar running cocaine through Mena Arkansas and drugs during the Clinton Era, and Sr Bush CIA Director and Pres Reagan. How the CIA worked through Escobar to smuggle guns to Contras in Nicaragua and how Sr Bush used Noriega

Seriously?

Seriously:

Making yours the 4th.

2 Likes

Not the same, totally different!

:roll::astonished:

2 Likes

He just hadn’t finished getting it to Australia yet. He was caught in the act. Same thing in my book.

Sucks to be executed, but you know what you are playing with when you play with fire. He gambled with his life and lost.

I’m not sure about the morality of the death penalty. But I might choose it if given life in Chinese prison and that so.

Emphasis is on planning, he hadn’t done it yet. And it’s from China to Australia. China would’ve gotten rid of it and it would’ve been a problem for Australia.

He had met with the supplier with the money. So he was in the process of buying drugs for distribution. This is a capital offence in its self punishable by death in China (and if I remember correctly quantity doesn’t mater also).

the original sentencing was not death. he is getting the death sentence now due to chinas politics, if that ain’t worrying then i don’t know what is.

1 Like

His original sentence was 15 years, he appealed it and it was increased to the death penalty.

1 Like

The prosecutor appealed it and got it increased.

Sounds like the guy has a drug dealing history, he is a repeat offender. From today’s SCMP

"Schellenberg was sentenced in a Canadian court in 2012 to two years for possession of cocaine and heroin for trafficking purposes, and simple possession of cannabis resin and methamphetamine, according to CBC News. He served 16 months and 12 days for the four counts, to which he pleaded guilty.

At the time, the judge from British Columbia told Schellenberg that his country “deserves much better from you”.

More details from CBC,
"Schellenberg pleaded guilty to all four counts, which came about as a result of an investigation into a high-volume drug sales operation that saw his apartment in Abbotsford used as a “distribution centre.”

According to the reasons for sentence, Schellenberg was on probation at the time that police raided his fourth-floor apartment, seizing $6,080 worth of cocaine and heroin as well as $3,205 in cash from pill profits.

The judge said Schellenberg was not considered to have been at the “lower rung” of the operation.

His criminal record dates back to February 2003, when he received a six-month sentence for possession for the purpose of trafficking."

He had another drug conviction in 2010, for one year jail.

Oh right, so a Chinese military force has invaded the US then! Jeeze, wonder why I never heard about that!

Diplomacy is war by other means?

Clearly a Chinese invasion of the US isn’t a possibility, for now. There are many other ways for a State to enable the supply of drugs.

I tell you what, the British used to be damned good. Fewer than 20,000 British Empire troops against 220,000 Chinese. 69 dead against 20,000+ Chinese.

2 Likes