China surrounding Taiwan now...Is this for real?

Cause Ma Ying Jeou was running the show and was selling Taiwan down the river. The CCP was quiet when they thought they FINALLY had a grasp of Taiwan.

Obama did nothing, appeased the CCP and didn’t even sell weapons when asked by Taiwan.

And I LIKE Obama.

7 Likes

Screenshot_2015-11-11-21-10-52-1

1 Like

Depends on what China offers that Rusia may covet, and if the Russians fall for the con.

Regarding Butan, Twitter conversations go like this:

Sigh

1 Like

why do you trust an Indian with earpods?

Naked Bhutanese aggression.

The Republic of China officially maintains a territorial claim on parts of Bhutan to this day

Chinese need to wake up to the real enemy. Not fall for this America, Taiwan , india , Japan crap…

BBC News - Xu Zhangrun: Outspoken professor detained in China

All this guy said was that there should be presidential limits.

Disappears.

4 Likes

100 per cent agree. Obama wasn’t our friend in Taiwan and he also ordered many drone murders killing hundreds or thousands of civilians. So I don’t really like him myself.

2 Likes

But ya did! :skull_and_crossbones:

He was placed under house arrest earlier this year after publishing an article criticising the way President Xi and the government had handled the coronavirus outbreak. He suggested it might be the last one he ever wrote.

Looks like that theory is being tested. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I don’t know what the Democratic mindset is. You can always work on giving amnesty to children of illegals but why not also work on legal immigration? Something Obama never even thought of. You can always work towards a better public healthcare but why not also be business friendly in some matters? The corruption brought on by the likes of the Clintons and inaction by Obama has destroyed their party. No wonder a dimwit like Trump could come up with a cool marketing strategy and win.

But you can’t blame Obama 100%. Yes he didn’t take much action apart from ACA but the entire establishment was so much against him due to the fact that he is black, possibly destroyed any attempt at doing more.

No I didn’t or at least not for very long . I just liked Trump even less. Not my President I’m more concerned about other global issues. On global warming Obama was a better choice

1 Like

I’m just poking. I have no idea of your true politics. You seem nice enough. :cowboy_hat_face:

I have acquired a veneer of niceness. Either that or I don’t play in the IP bullpen anymore.

1 Like

That a causal relationship?

One doesn’t help the other I think.

1 Like

I ducked my head into the IP Fight Club ring for a moment but got out quickly :slight_smile:

Following this issue closely since we are considering living in Taiwan again. I don’t think anything will come of the current ramp up in exercises, but I was also surprised by how Beijing is clamping down on HK and seeming to want to take on multiple fronts at the same time.

1 Like

I believe this is a strong signal:

This weekend saw two US carrier groups exercising in the South China Sea, with 24-hour take-off and landings. The two carrier groups were joined by a B-52 that flew from continental USA on a 28-hour mission.

The carriers were positioned directly between the area the PLA were conducting their own exercises in the Xisha Islands, and Taiwan, which is the obvious target of the PLA landing and invasion practice.

China is quite pissed about it.

I don’t think CNN covered it at all.

CNN is too busy with its own agendas.

9 Likes

Ok, all that ‘appeasement’ and the net result was safety and business for the duration of his admin. Whatever gains China made under Obama were negligible compared to this HK debacle. China grew in power 10 fold after Obama left office.

What is the opposite of appeasement? A military conflict? What is the end game to that?

So…Give the baby its bottle otherwise it will kick and scream and cry?

THAT’s how you solve diplomacy?

Remember, the last time we did that, we ended up fighting a world war.

China wants Taiwan. Should we give up the whole goddamn country to make it happy?

What if China wants the US? Should we give the US to them too? Should we give them the whole world? Then what? They want the moon too? Where do we draw the line?

What about our feelings? What about Taiwan’s feelings?

6 Likes

Whoa whoa whoa.

Im arguing the goal is containment of China, and GOP advisors failed miserably. Obama did a far better job.