China to "resolve Taiwan problem" by 2020

Interesting that Ilan was one of the first counties to elect a DPP county government, sends a majority of DPP candidates to the legislature, and has stayed that way election after election. Why is your family the black sheep (pig?) of the county?

[quote=“squealer”]
I would discount any rumors you hear from my employees.[/quote]Propaganda ministry flunkies do not have employees. Oh sorry, did I call you a flunky? I meant lackey. My bad. Paisay.

Shhh…In polite company we will call them employees. Only those in upper management have to right to give colorful nicknames to our peons.

We need a new emoticon of a smiley person drawing on a crackpipe.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I mean many of the political divisions on Taiwan are more about the expression on ones experiences on the island than actual politics that might progress nation as a whole.

[/quote]

No they aren’t, though I will not deny anyything after the “than.” They are about:

a) the fact that there is an 800 pound gorilla breathing over our shoulder

b) the fact that you have different ethnic groups living together under a history

Tempo Gain

a) The gorilla is slowly evolving into Mecha Godzilla with lazer eyebeams and jet booster pack. And will crush Taipei and all our “girlie men” politicians at a whim. Or was that another capital city of Aisa?

b) Or the same ethnic group who came onto the island at different times, with slightly different experiences during last 100 years.

Yes. Slightly. One group getting subsidized; the other, shot.

Yes, but the famous “family murder” of the entire Lin Yi-shiung family was in Yilan wasn’t it?

[quote=“lsieh”]
Wrong question and wrong choice of words. Allow? No, Taiwan should just do. The starting point for action is either it is sovereign or it is not.[/quote]

A referendum on independence would cross the red line. Or is it that a yes result for independence would do so? Does anyone know the answer?

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Tempo Gain

a) The gorilla is slowly evolving into Mecha Godzilla with lazer eyebeams and jet booster pack. And will crush Taipei and all our “girlie men” politicians at a whim. Or was than another capital city of Aisa?[/quote]

slowly is right! but they are too big and mean to ignore.

sometimes i don’t get your sense of humor.

Hartzell,

Lin Yi-shiung is a leader of the grassroot political movement and organized labor union in Kaohsiung. The mafia style execution of his family occurred in the 1980’s and is generally believe to have been caused by organized crime on Taiwan.

By then my nuclear family had already started their immigration process in the USA. They basically left shortly after ROC lost the seat in the UN and felt that the society was destabilizing.

Anyways back on topic Lin Yi-Shung is neither a victim of 228 nor “white terror.” He is just another political dissident during the KMT martial law era under Jiang Jing Guo.

Yilan was hardly the political nexus of Taiwan, just another rural community where people had simple views during Taiwan more turbulent years.

Tempo ,

I mean don

[quote=“ac_dropout”]

I mean don

Tempo Gain,

The only significant difference between WSR and BSR concept of history are the events of 1895 to 1945. Other than that they share the same history.

I sometimes wonder where is the shrine on Taiwan dedicated to all those Taiwanese that died unjustly under Japanese colonial rule. Where is the investigation of Japanese atrocities on Taiwan? Or are some Taiwanese family really proud that their ancestors are enshrined at Yasukuni Shrine for being such loyal subjects of the Emperor of Japan during WWII.

Perhaps the Japanese are too difficult of a political target on Taiwan. Might as well focus on those that actually did bring the USA alliance and political reform to Taiwan as the enemy of the state.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Tempo Gain,

The only significant difference between WSR and BSR concept of history are the events of 1895 to 1945. Other than that they share the same history.
[/quote]

They share two sides of the same history.

Tempo Gain,

How do you figure. Many WSR came to Taiwan poor and were bullied by the BSR. Some BSR became stauch KMT supporters. They share the exact same history after 1949.

There is only 50 years of difference between those that consider themselves BSR and those that consider themselves WSR. Japanese colonialisation is not a common experiene to everyone on the island.

Even WSR had to live through 228 as BSR killed and bullied them until the KMT re-inforcement arrived. And even WSR were victims of white terror that followed.

[quote=“assclown_druggedout”]Tempo Gain,

How do you figure. Many WSR came to Taiwan poor and were bullied by the BSR. Some BSR became stauch KMT supporters. They share the exact same history after 1949.

There is only 50 years of difference between those that consider themselves BSR and those that consider themselves WSR. Japanese colonialisation is not a common experiene to everyone on the island.

Even WSR had to live through 228 as BSR killed and bullied them until the KMT re-inforcement arrived. And even WSR were victims of white terror that followed.[/quote]
Documentation, if you please.

hsiadogah,

Um if you speak Chinese just go look for some poor WSR family in Taiwan. They are not that hard to locate.

Sure I do, who do you think taught me? :laughing:

New qualifier; “educated” poor WSR family.

Well gee, in that world of opportunity that you tell me CKS brought to Taiwan, with his defeat of the Japanese and all, how could such a thing exist? After all, KMT made economic success available to all those intelligent and able, so how could an educated WSR family be poor? Unless they were waiting for someone to push the cake a little closer to their mouths so they could eat it…