China to "resolve Taiwan problem" by 2020

hsiadogah,

Some poor WSR family actually did value education and forced their kids to past the difficult ROC college exams at the time.

Really a WSR family that had college-educated kids who became civil servants in ROC are relatively poor in my book.

Also education doesn’t automatically mean wealth.

Not every WSR family that came with CKS were in the inner circle of power. Some were just very modest grunts with no family.

[quote=“assclown_druggedout”]
Some poor WSR family actually did value education and forced their kids to past the difficult ROC college exams at the time.[/quote]
Your stories are getting really ridiculous as you try to worm your way out of this one. No-one is going to feel sorry for someone who parlayed a good education into an iron rice-bowl in the KMT’s civil service instead of making it in the private sector. :boo-hoo: Better go rethink this one. kthxbye.

yeah, stop trying to baffle us, it’s not working.

BSR suffered oppression in education, government benefits, government employment, language etc for many years. WSR enjoyed the resulting advantages.

Not to mention the history of violence involved, I know you are joking about WSR being bullied before the glorious KMT came in shining armor to save them.

Is it really your belief that every WSR that arrived after 1949 were in the inner circle of power with CKS. CKS started going after his own inner circle of WSR when he ended up on Taiwan.

Come on, you have got to be joking. Some of the richest business people are BSR. Given your arguments everyone from the Customs to Census and every cop on the street must be a WSR.

Which is not the case.

No, but they did pretty much have a license to steal.

hsiadogah,

Which method of KMT “stealing” has the DPP not learn and been practicing on Taiwan.

Vote buying, land lease kick backs, grafting of public projects, insider trading, abuse of power, etc.

Besides the core idealogy of “TI” promoted by the pan-green TSU, the DPP and KMT have similar stances on every key issue in Taiwan.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]hsiadogah,

Which method of KMT “stealing” has the DPP not learn and been practicing on Taiwan.

Vote buying, land lease kick backs, grafting of public projects, insider trading, abuse of power, etc.

[/quote]

you’re killing me. it is baffling, i’ll admit.

[quote=“assclown_dipstick”]hsiadogah,

[/quote]
There you go again, projecting your own personality and habits on others. You think that because you are thieves and cheats, all others must be the same. Too bad those drugs failed to open your mind. Get back on topic, or quit spewing your bile. :wanker:

Of course the DPP must be the party of saints with no criminal records what-so-ever.

when’s your birthday ac? i’ll get you the dummy’s guide to logic, ha

[quote=“assclown”]Of course the DPP must be the party of saints with no criminal records what-so-ever.[/quote]No-one said that, now back on topic or stfu.

Tempo Gain,

No need. But can I borrow World History for Dummies from your library so I can be on the same page as you. hahaha.

hsiadogah,

Retired politician Jiang says he’s going to kick the butts of our girlie men seperatist in 2020. Our response was to increase investment into the PRC.

Something is wrong if that is our response to military threats from the PRC.

Jiang retired??? Thats the problem, the old hawk wont disappear. I notice that one PRC gov`t ministry disavowed his threatening rhetoric.

Taichungmafia,

Yes the PRC political scene is not a monolithic hive collective as most outsider believes.

Deng Xiao Ping daughter already spoke out against Jiang “psuedo” retirement status.

There still some fighting between Hu-Wen and Jiang-Shanghai clique for political power. But notice the difference, like the USA, their political conflict don’t result in the decline of their society or economy. A political maturity, if you will, that Taiwan has yet to reach.

I read that about Deng`s daughter. I believe Beijing is far behind Taipei in terms of political development.

[quote=“ac_dropout”] No need. But can I borrow World History for Dummies from your library so I can be on the same page as you. hahaha.
[/quote]

uhh, ok. haha.

Oh, please, political conflict is not resulting in the decline of society or the economy here. and don’t compare some gangsters battling it out to the normal workings of government in democratic nations.

Tempo Gain,

Really the economic recession on Taiwan could be blamed entirely on our politics. Domestic and Foreign.

[quote]Really the economic recession on Taiwan could be blamed entirely on our politics. Domestic and Foreign[/quote].

Taiwan isnt in recession and in fact the latest upward revision puts this years GDP somewhere between 5 and 6 percent. Taiwans long term growth and interests could suffer though if they rush into the “3 links”. The following link deals with this issue;

Tax Reforms A Threat To Sovereignty

taipeitimes.com/News/edit/ar … 2003182075

Taiwan needs to worry more than the 3 links for their economic concerns. They need to open up broader and more comprehensive economic ties with ASEAN and Asia-Pac countries. Taiwan must strive for more outward focus than it is now. This is a bit hard though with the internal situation so “delicate”.

[quote=“alidarbac”]I’m not sure how much stock to put into this, but there’s this Chinese language HK newspaper article about how Jiang Zemin has vowed to “resolve the Taiwan problem” by 2020.
[/quote]
“Scientists to solve global warming problem by 2050”…

I mean… com’on… seriously… :noway: But thanks for the fun read…