China to "resolve Taiwan problem" by 2020

Are you from China?

3 Likes

What a load of :poop:

The United States is Taiwan’s second largest trading partner, accounting for 11.8 percent of total trade and 12 percent of Taiwan imports. Mainland China is Taiwan’s largest trading partner, accounting for 23.9 percent of total trade and 18.6 percent of Taiwan’s imports in 2018. In terms of total trade, other Taiwan trading partners include Japan (10.9 percent), the European Union (9.3 percent), and Hong Kong (7.1 percent).

China should feel lucky that Taiwan makes stuff that doesn’t fall apart when you plug it in or doesn’t (usually) kill you if you eat it.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m reading a book written in 2005 that says China will eradicate poverty by 2020 too. How’s that going?

4 Likes

This is so spot-on now that I think about it.

3 Likes

Plenty of Chabudouism goes into local manufacturing to produce shit that falls apart and that you’d not feed to a dog. Perhaps it’s not as bad as in the old country, but it’s there.

I’m sure the Screaming Jesus would have appreciated the compliment in 2004.

You’ll get no argument from me about that.

Well, it was more like I was complimenting his professor anyway
 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ya think anybody would notice that force assembling on the coast of China?

2 Likes

US has the satellites but can easily play a Falklands on us and see nothing.

We have “weather” satellites, do it depends on how good they are.

Satellite intel is late to the game and just confirms earlier intel and helps prepare the battle plan or diplomatic intervention or some other action. The USA will know well in advance if China is even thinking about it.

Even Taiwan has their own Intel capabilities both electronic and on the ground and whatever else.

I think Taiwan will know first. I take the threat seriously because I have been listening to the various statements by ministers in Taiwan and the President since President Tsai’s latest election victory . From their actions and words I see a sense of urgency. I believe they have the best Intel and knowledge of what is going on. They in turn are staying clearly they are ready for war if needs be.
China can’t launch any kind of navy attack without Taiwan knowing about it mostly in advance. I mean they can launch minor attacks by surprise but not a full on invasion force. We should be wary of some kind of large scale missile attack ,air force attacks and paratrooper type landings. Anyway., I just don’t see how China can invade with a large force. We aren’t looking for War but we are preparing to defend the country.

Weren’t they also supposed to have a cross-strait tunnel by this year?

This is what Ian Easton, who wrote a book about a possible Chinese invasion of Taiwan, said:

"while China could surprise Taiwan with a bolt out of the blue missile raid with 50 or 100 cruise missiles or ballistic missiles, China certainly could not surprise Taiwan with an invasion with hundreds of thousands or maybe a million or more troops prepared to float across the Taiwan Strait. Taiwan would start to see indications 90 days, minimum, in advance of the invasion.

For 60 days, it would be ambiguous, they would not be able to guarantee that China’s true intention was invasion. But the last 30 days before the war started, it would become very clear with every hour that passed that China’s intention was to do a minimal-warning invasion."

Compass was made in China
they’re closer to Guam by now.

3 Likes

Jiang Zemen is still alive, but did any of the rest of this actually happen? Is there a North Pacific Treaty Organisation? As far as I know, everyone hates everyone in perfect harmony.

So

Still one more month for China to “resolve Taiwan problem”?

Soon we need a new thread:

China to “resolve Taiwan problem” by 2035

5 Likes

Just rename this thread, chabuduo