China Uncensored's Alleged FLG links and other Falun Gong Media

How can you know? China is an information black hole. There’s no independent media allowed.

Secondly. Chris’s episodes use sources with some commentary.

The first two minutes of this video contained sources from
National Post
Politico
Fox News
Washington Post.

NONE are FLG media.

Further in were sources from the

UN
Toronto Star
BBC and more

I haven’t found that sort of bias in China Uncensored, but I’ve deliberately avoided any episode about China and US/Trump for that reason to not tarnish Chris Chappelles image in my head.

Anyone remember the site ChinaSmack? The stories on there were insane.

It’s good to listen, even if they disagree. The beauty of freedom of speech is the fact that we can disagree.

1 Like

OK if you want to trust Epoch Times etc, then it’s up to you. They are a major supporter of QANON, but up to you

Quite a lot of stuff here

It’s not Epoch Times.

The entire video mentioned Epoch times ONCE out of 15 (rough count) sources from across the political spectrum.

Most videos don’t even contain mention of Epoch Times.

Chris is not the YouTube wing of Falun Gong. It’s just people joining up against China. Chris’s opinions often run counter of Falun Gong ideology.

Oh yeah of course. I get plenty of listening in to other sources and perspectives. But China Uncensored I go to for entertainment. Chris has a very satirical and hilarious delivery. Don’t really know where he stands on Trump. Don’t care to know.

1 Like

They are produced by New Tang who are FLG.

Do you not think being loosely affiliated with a cult , infamous for fake news an issue?

No they’re not.

FLG runs Declassified. Not China Uncensored.

This is Falun Gong’s Channel

China Uncensored isn’t “FLG”. Even if somebody on their team - which is really small - practiced the religion, so what? They show their work and cite sources. Sure, they have an anti-CCP bias but show me a news outlet or reporter who isn’t biased.

Back to the original question, I know of a person who is a freelance reporter who has done work for major publications. Ethnic Chinese but born in NA. She was questioned about talking to dissidents by customs - she’d chatted with them, privately, via WeChat, and that would have been the only way the authorities could have known. Of course, WeChat is the CCP so that isn’t surprising and doesn’t really answer the question but it should be enough to give you pause. I have family members and friends who are banned from China and I don’t think that I will be visiting the country again until things change politically.

6 Likes

Shelly Zhang , the producer is Falun Gong and produces shows for ndtv

Can people not be contractors? I’m catholic. Is my work automatically now fake news because I am catholic?

I don’t care of the have a bias, but they are part of flg which is a cult. And a cult famous for disinformation.

Would you watch a Scientology affiliated news source?

All news organisations have people who adhere to religious beliefs inside of them.

Catholicism isn’t a cult. And don’t go down the road of saying there is no difference between a cult and a religion.

But anyway, if you want to believe flg media, it’s your choice

You’re talking about a religion that actively fought against literacy because they were afraid people would criticise the texts if they could READ them.

And they did.

1 Like

Of course.

I wouldn’t say that the BBC is “the Vatican” because they have a Catholic working in the control room.

Epoch Times is ‘biased’ but The Economist is biased because they only report on certain stories. I think that China Unsensored does a really good job.

3 Likes

That’s right.
China Uncensored is no more run by the Falun Gong than the BBC is run by the Church of England.

Yes?

Care to explain why the answer should be something else?

Organ harvesting is real.

2 Likes