Chinese are inflexible, what do you think?

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003428533

This woman is pretty courageous I think. Coming over to Taiwan with her attitude? Thats brave (foolish but brave).

Think shes representative of the inflexibility of the Chinese (from China) mentality?

I say so.

The Chinese are brainwashed since birth. You think they are ever going to accept Taiwan independence?

Chinese? Inflexible?

I think you should go see the Shanghai acrobats!

Well you can never blame a person who never left their hometown and starts comparing and complaining when they go to the next town
Can’t say they same thing for a person who has travelled around and chooses to be ignorant

Generally I find Taiwanese/Chinese, who have not been put under the spell of Mao, quite flexible
The ordinary person in China probably has a limited view on the world and their world. Don’t know if this holds true for the leaders in Beijing.

Historically Chinese culture has been flexible in absorbing foreign cultures into Chinese culture

I’m sure she would have been flexible if the cost of a domestic fax had been higher than an international fax. Just goes to show how economics trumps politics every time…

"He also called on the woman’s husband to “correct her thoughts.”
Ahhh yes, yet another happy household when election time comes around. Should have gone for one of the Vietnamese Xin Niangs…

:roflmao:

Thanks for the laugh of the day!! Love it!

Thanks Tommy - that was funny!

I must admit though, when I saw the words “Chinese” and “inflexible” I thought it was going to be something about some cute young (but of legal age obviously) girl not being able to pin her legs behind her ears. :blush:

But Officer, her passport AND her membership card from the Chinese Gymnastics Association both clearly state that she’s older than 16. that’s legal, innit?

:slight_smile: :notworthy:

she might have got away with it in Taipei but boy, did she pick the wrong town.

actually, she does have a case and can pursue a lawsuit if she wanted to. isn’t this country called the Republic of China? And doesn’t that include China, Taiwan, HK, Macau, etc. etc… :smiley:
just trying to stir up trouble here :discodance:

yeap…

I think that we shouldn’t need to get Visa’s to go to China, cause the flights are domestic…
in fact, all the ROC passport holders should be entitled to have free access to China, Mongolia, Tibet, as all are part of the ROC… Why are we blocked from that? Why does the Republic of China have different international code? Shouldn’t the internet prefix of the local government gov.cn and not gov.tw?
If I want to bring 500 Tons of pure milk from China, why I can’t? Isn’t this also China? Everywhere I look I see China… China Post, China Oil, China Youth, China Police…

I actually did meet a brainwashed girl from China working at the restaurant were i was working at.
She was also under the impression that Taiwan was part of China and that the Communist won the invasion of Taiwan.
Of course when she said that, everyone at the restaurant looked at her like she was living under a rock…
I told her, your comrades all died during the invasion thanx to the weapons provided by Uncle Sam (mainly the Patton tanks).
During the years we worked together we got along, so long as we didn’t talk about Taiwan and China.
She was Fu-jinese by the way.
But not all Fu-jinese are brainwashed, because a fellow employee grew up poor in China and knows that the Government is oppressive. According to him, even now, there are tens if not hundreds of millions of people who are poor as hell.

I also heard some stories of my fellow co-workers where one of them swam to Hong Kong and then immigrated to the US.

I mean, i don’t think you can label a person as flexible or inflexible, based on race/ethnicity.
Its all about character, for example my crazy fu=jinese female co-worker grew up spoiled and always gets what she wants. But the other employees from China grew up poor and had to work hard to get where they are today, and they are actually happy working at the restaurant.

[quote=“almas john”]Thanks Tommy - that was funny!

I must admit though, when I saw the words “Chinese” and “inflexible” I thought it was going to be something about some cute young (but of legal age obviously) girl not being able to pin her legs behind her ears. :blush:[/quote]

:slight_smile: pretty funny !! And I liked the olympics joke too.

[quote=“three”]actually, she does have a case and can pursue a lawsuit if she wanted to. isn’t this country called the Republic of China? And doesn’t that include China, Taiwan, HK, Macau, etc. etc… :smiley:
just trying to stir up trouble here :discodance:[/quote]

Actually thats true!! My US passport says ‘‘born in China’’ but I was born in Taiwan. And the Taiwanese immigration asked me about that once and I said “yes isnt Taiwan part of the Republic of China?” and the guy just gave me a smirk and that was that.

Cheeky wench.

Could just gone to the harbour and given it to one of the ‘snakeheads’ and had it sent direct mail. Would have arrived in 3-4 hours door-to-door.

How do you think I get my fresh Pingdong binlang here in Xiamen??

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“three”]actually, she does have a case and can pursue a lawsuit if she wanted to. isn’t this country called the Republic of China? And doesn’t that include China, Taiwan, HK, Macau, etc. etc… :smiley:
just trying to stir up trouble here :discodance:[/quote]

Actually thats true!! My US passport says ‘‘born in China’’ but I was born in Taiwan. And the Taiwanese immigration asked me about that once and I said “yes isnt Taiwan part of the Republic of China?” and the guy just gave me a smirk and that was that.[/quote]

My US passport says “Born in Taiwan,” originally the old guy set it at PRC and I was like OMG Hell No!
Then he changed it to Taiwan, ROC, but Passport only says Taiwan in Country of Origin/Birth

Question:

When one sends a fax from Mainland China -say Beijing or Xiamen or Sichuan or Shanghai- to Taiwan, does one pay international or local fees?

That should settle it.

The Chinese lady apparently relied on the wisdom of her schooling: [quote]since primary school her teachers and textbooks [/quote] taught her Taiwan is part of China.

Let’s ask her if the Japanese teachers and textbooks are right about Japanese war atrocities against the Chinese as never happening.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]The Chinese lady apparently relied on the wisdom of her schooling: [quote]since primary school her teachers and textbooks [/quote] taught her Taiwan is part of China.

Let’s ask her if the Japanese teachers and textbooks are right about Japanese war atrocities against the Chinese as never happening.[/quote]
Yea that should shut her up :unamused:

You know if you fly from China to Hong Kong you have to go to the terminal with international flights. It has to be that way because Chinese people need a visa to go to Hong Kong and the airport only checks visas for international flights.

Actually, once when I was in China I was talking to some Western guy about the differences between working in Japan vs Taiwan vs Korea and the Chinese guy next to me said. “If you want to stay here to complete your work, don’t talk about politics. If a policemen walks past you’ll have to go home”. I sort of realised that maybe I was putting him in a awkward or even dangerous situation and actually apologised. Then a bit later the Western guy told me that the Chinese guy had claimed he was only joking and “in China you can talk about whatever you want”. It was clear from the way he said it that he (Western guy) didn’t believe it.

How chilling is that. You can’t talk about stuff, and you can’t talk about what stuff you can and can’t talk about.