Chocolate in Trouble

BTW, do you really believe he “raped” the boys. How did he do it? At gun point? I tell you, before anyone can “rape” me in the butt, it would take a lot.
My closest guess is that the boys had “it” done in the butt for money, which makes them prostitutes and that’s illegal in Taiwan.

That he had an STD at the moment is possible and for revenge the boys went to the police. In turn the police probably went to C’s wife because she’s well connected and they know her. She was told the “rape” story and now she takes revenge on C for letting her lose face.

I never believe she didn’t know al along that he wasn’t gay.

Who “passed on” syphillis to Chocolate?

not I :shock:

If he was married that means he had a PARC. If he has a PARC he cannot be deported under the conditions set down by the WTO admission treaty between the US and Taiwan.
Did the government here just make a colossal screw up or have I got this all wrong?
How does one file a complaint with the ACLU?

[quote=“EOD”]If he was married that means he had a PARC. If he has a PARC he cannot be deported under the conditions set down by the WTO admission treaty between the US and Taiwan.
Did the government here just make a colossal screw up or have I got this all wrong?
How does one file a complaint with the ACLU?[/quote]You got it wrong, being married means he can get a APRC after a long time, they are by no means automatic, could be argued they are made so troublesome as not to be worth the hassle. Not even an ARC is automatic.
What admission treaty ?

I lived in Vietnam for 10 months in 1996-7 and therefore do not fulfill the requirement of having lived at least 6 months each of the past 7 years for a PARC (permanent my ass!).
I don’t understand the theory behind a homo marrying. Was the woman duped? Paid off? Did this bloke use his chocolate wand on her?
Does he have a job? I thought he was useless at ICRT and apparently so did they. Is he an English teacher (HA!)?
Someone who has apparently so totally defamed himself in public ought to have the common sense to get out of Dodge.

What? You mean you never bought a copy of his diet book?

Bottleneck–He could have been the bottom, which would have made the rape allegations even more interesting.

So now he’s bottomed out!

To be clear, I’m not defending C but I think that this case is so outrageous. Typically Taiwan.

Did you know that if there were a few sympathetic souls who were concerned about their rights here in Taiwan this might be a grand opportunity?

Ah yes. Taiwan has its own Department of Homeland Security now…
to protect the nation against threats to the homeland.

Human Rights Ramifications of the Charles Mack Deportation
forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=14608

Bottleneck, you really shouldn’t imply that rape victims are just making a fuss for money. especially in this case, as we have no reason to believe that the boys have asked for shut up money.

as for the boys, maybe they were thinking they could get a blow job or something but didn’t want it to proceed any further than that. people change their mind in the middle of sex. it doesn’t mean they deserve to be raped.

also, the media uses different words for this act, so it’s even more confusing to figure out what happened. sometimes the words “sexually assaulted” are used, other times “sodomized”. But some of us might want to be sodomized willingly, or so I hear. :wink:

As for Charles, he’s asked for NT$100 million before he’ll agree to a divorce. marriage: legal prostitution, just like mail order brides…

[quote=“gintaiwan”]I got this from the internet:
The translation is mine, so please be forgiving of any mistakes! :stuck_out_tongue:

Chocolate Contracts Syphilis and Sentenced to be Deported within 7 Days

Being sued by his wife of having contracted syphilis and suspected of sexually assaulting two male college students, American artist Chocolate in an interview tonight to discuss his case with the police was informed that the court has given him 7 days to leave the country. Two weeks ago he sincerely swore that the syphilis was fully cured and no longer contagious and earnestly denied the accusation of having sexually assaulted the two college boys…

[/quote]

syphilis is like the summer time blues… there ain’t no cure for it

[quote=“Mr He”]Likely.

Morale, if you are a gay man, don’t marry a woman. Go for a man instead.[/quote]
You mean moral. Morale is for Marines.

I saw Jeffu on a TV program last night, in which he and a panel of locals were talking to some ABCs about their and other foreigners’ perceptions of and experiences in Taiwan. Most surprisingly, in the half hour or so that I was watching the program, the name of Chocolate was not mentioned even once.

Talking of Jeffu and Chocolate, as former colleagues at ICRT, prominent foreigner “celebrities” appearing on the same kinds of local TV programs, and with many apparent similarities of lifestyle, I wonder if they are close pals and whether our Jeffu is experiencing any repercussions from the Chocolate saga?

I am assuming that the police had proof from a doctor and thus could deport him as per the law. A mulitmillionaire can buy any kind of proof from a money-grubbing physican who is trying to send his kid to Yale and cares not for the Hypocratic Oath, but I recognize that throwing around such an accusation is heresay.
To reciprocate would mean that the US should only deport STD-positive cases of Taiwanese in cases where an American is petty and spineless enough to throw a fit and run to the governement for help. Taiwan has not rounded up foreigners in an attempt to deport all who have an STD, nor should the US. It does require physicals and blood tests. I do not know if they deport everone who tests positive for the STDs mentioned on Tealit.

He was supremely composed and that is why I earlier said it seemed like a publicity stunt but, now that he has been deported, I think that the government has decided his time here has come to an end. Maybe he can restart in Shanghai. :bulb:
Taiwan’s economy has been dragging so badly that he was left to no recourse but to marry rich since he did not have the courage to look the other way and make cutbacks as we all have had to do in recent months and years. Now he’s finding that to marry for money is as false as the face he has to put up to get it.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]20. Syphilis
21. HIV[/quote]

1. SARS :?:
  2. Bird flu :?:

For SARS, it is “your quarantined and we’ll try to save your life”. For HIV, it’s “die someplace else”. And we all know the reasons why, don’t we?

I find that in Taiwan there is a kind of justice that takes character and behavior into effect, but that is also weighed with respect to non-Eastern values of fairness and individuals’ rights. Perhaps officials have closed-door meetings and hear all sides and make a decision, but more likely I would say that the society acts as a collective courtroom and judge him on all of these factors.
Proof: I refer the forum to Flicka’s comments about Charles’s character and behavior over the past few years. I do not know under what circumstances he ties to take away others’ bfs, but the other accusations are well substantiated. Charles is very aggressive in picking up people, and he always goes after younger guys. Perhaps there is a reason he does this, but the simple reality is that he went too far by marrying a woman for money.

The STD is merely a catalyst for what was to come when he violated a natural law: Gays MUST NOT MARRY STRAIGHTS!

[quote=“gintaiwan”]Bottleneck, you really shouldn’t imply that rape victims are just making a fuss for money. especially in this case, as we have no reason to believe that the boys have asked for shut up money.

as for the boys, maybe they were thinking they could get a blow job or something but didn’t want it to proceed any further than that. people change their mind in the middle of sex. it doesn’t mean they deserve to be raped.

also, the media uses different words for this act, so it’s even more confusing to figure out what happened. sometimes the words “sexually assaulted” are used, other times “sodomized”. But some of us might want to be sodomized willingly, or so I hear. :wink:

As for Charles, he’s asked for NT$100 million before he’ll agree to a divorce. marriage: legal prostitution, just like mail order brides…[/quote]

Hey, I was just looking at it from another angle. I could have been, isn’t it?