Christmas dinner

Shop today RT Mart, whose dinner will be best? ABC couple in front of me buying 12 bottle case and food pictured.

Mine, I will add Jameson cap stays on until New Year and brandy to make brandy butter.
The “oh ambassador you really spoil us” for girlfriend.

I’m doing Chicken roasted, cavity onion. Garlic, ginger rub skin with salt and sesame oil. Rest traditional glazed carrots, roast potatoes, broccoli, Brussels and Yorkshire puds, chicken gravy, no stuffing.

3 Likes

Whatever I’m treated with. I won’t complain. Actually my stomach is messed up, so I need something simple and easy on the stomach.

What is “ABC”?

Probably American born Chinese

1 Like

Deleted for offensive posting.

In Taiwan?

Is there a Christmas version of that famous CNY dinner post that someone put up years ago?

There are in Taiwan, at any given time, heaps of American born Taiwanese (or American born Chinese, if they identify that way, depending on views of the parents, the timing of their education, and/or their politics).

Guy

What are you drinking for Christmas?

We had a few bottles of wine for dinner, some good port with dessert, then some mulled wine with the gingerbread. Good evening with the family.

1 Like

Be having wine a Chablis and Cabernet Sauvignon evening, I’m making rum raisin carrot cake with brandy butter for sweet.

Amazing who I come across in RT Mart ZhongHe.

Made the cake, my baking ok but finishing finesse needs some work.
And dinner, to much wine I forgot Yorkshire pudding and gf forgot the shrimp for prawn cocktail, other than that nice dinner.

Mine is not the one with the black chicken foot on, dog ate the head.

6 Likes

Me too. I haven’t had a drop of alcohol in weeks and weeks. It’s really bothering me because a few drinks here and there have always been a part of Christmas and New Year. But I want to make sure my stomach gets better before drinking again. On the bright side, I’m getting in really good shape as I don’t have any hangovers to contend with on my weekend workouts. My sleep is also pretty good now that my body is used to not having a drink at night.

1 Like

I plan a dry January my body becoming to fat and old for Alcohol excess.
Hopefully cut my consumption down in the long run. I know I can’t give it up but my tolerance is so high I need to have a break.

1 Like

Summary

4 Likes

Ooh nice :+1:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dry January and February (Accountability group)

Here’s mine. Where’s yours?

Christmas Dinner 2023

11 Likes

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? Turkey? Ham? None of the above. Indian this year for the marasan family.

10 Likes

I had the idea of ordering korean fried chicken. I told my gf like several weeks ago, it was literally the only idea i had about what to eat. So at work today what does she eat for the staff meal? Korean fried chicken.

3 Likes