CIA Torture Manual

I was listening to Amy Goodman this morning. She was interviewing guests regarding the second spate of photos and information regarding the Abu Ghraib scandal. One of her guests, a professor from University of Wisconsin, who is writing a book about the CIA’s record of interrogation/torture from Vietnam to the Gulf War dropped this dime regarding the “interrogation” manual.

Haven’t had time to read it all, but have scanned through it. It’s ingenious, and disgusting. Makes me want to have a line item veto on how my taxes dollars are spent. This kind of stuff would get a big fat VETO!

Bodo

LOL…and the enemy really is glad to have your support.

All Your Bases Belong to US.

Edited. For real this time.

In the summer of 2004, I was in China. I roomed with a girl who had been in the Air Force academy(?) in Colorado. Being a woman in the Air Force she had to deal with the presure of being in a patriarchal enviorment. So, she sought out conselling. During one of her sessions, she told me that her threapist had discussed with her various methods that are taught to soldiers to enable them to create pressure on a family in order for them give up the infidel of the family.

A solider is trained to rape the women in the family. Beginning with the youngest and working their way up to the oldest. All this in front of the men. Of course it is designed to deteriorate the will of the men, making them give into the pressure.

A sick reality. But here is where I have a problem with people who are so strong in their beliefs about the West having a strong stance on combating Islamic fascists. While we condem those who are creating abuses against their own people, we are doing the same. All and all it is a circle of abuse. Using one’s humanity to destroy another to gain power. I will never understand it no matter how you argue for it.

LOL…just …LOL.

[quote=“Namahottie”]In the summer of 2004, I was in China. I roomed with a girl who had been in the Air Force academy(?) in Colorado. Being a woman in the Air Force she had to deal with the presure of being in a patriarchal enviorment. So, she sought out conselling. During one of her sessions, she told me that her threapist had discussed with her various methods that are taught to soldiers to enable them to create pressure on a family in order for them give up the infidel of the family.

A solider is trained to rape the women in the family. Beginning with the youngest and working their way up to the oldest. All this in front of the men. Of course it is designed to deteriorate the will of the men, making them give into the pressure.

A sick reality. But here is where I have a problem with people who are so strong in their beliefs about the West having a strong stance on combating Islamic fascists. While we condem those who are creating abuses against their own people, we are doing the same. All and all it is a circle of abuse. Using one’s humanity to destroy another to gain power. I will never understand it no matter how you argue for it.[/quote]Nama -
I do not believe this story at all.
Not that I do not believe you, I respect you and your intelligence.
But I do not believe for 1 New York minute that what this person was telling to you.
Many here would like to believe this is true. Sorry for them, but it just dioesn’t work this way.

I am calling BS here on this claim by this person. Not only does this violate the UCMJ, this violates the Honor Code of the AF Academy.
If you indeed were told this by this person, you were lied to.
Rest assured, this is complete BS.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Nama -
I do not believe this story at all.
Not that I do not believe you, I respect you and your intelligence.[/quote]I think you are the only one on this board who does. :roflmao:

[quote]
But I do not believe for 1 New York minute that what this person was telling to you.
Many here would like to believe this is true. Sorry for them, but it just dioesn’t work this way.

I am calling BS here on this claim by this person. Not only does this violate the UCMJ, this violates the Honor Code of the AF Academy.
If you indeed were told this by this person, you were lied to.
Rest assured, this is complete BS.[/quote]
Okay, you are probably right that it violates the Honor Code, but why are so many abuses being created during this war? Let’s be real, during war, Honor is something that goes out the window, when some asshole is trying to take you out.

Not 100% sure what your meaning is here, but if you are suggesting that prisoners of war are in a position to take you out, and therefore you are justified in torturing them - I disagree with you.

Bodo

Oh dear me, you’re joking, right? The CIA actually torture people? I thought they just gave them three square meals a day and a pension.

The only thing wrong about Abu Ghraib was the that some fuckwit went in there with a camera. Torture has a place in any conflict. I persnally wouldn’t want to be a part of it but there are those that are no doubt very good at it. Best let them get on with it in private.

As for raping the women folk, I think that can be considered cruel and unusual punishment. I mean for the soldiers. Hell, they’re not looking for insurgents in go go bars and age appears to be particlarly unkind to the women of the middle east.

HG

Sorry, but this statement is not true. During war, Honor means taking care of (and being an active part) of your small unit. Knowing that the person nest to you is watching out for your back, just as you are watching out for theirs.

It also means recognizing that the other guy, on the other side (if they Have Any BEANS at all), feels the same way you do. All firepower and weaponry aside, it all comes down to fighting spirit. At least at the small unit size scenario.

In fact, as an army brat, and former member of an artillery regiment (mock all you want, we’re still the best friend of a hard-pressed infantry), this thread (and many others) exhibits a quite shocking ignorance of military means and ways.

In many ways, “civilians” don’t get it at all… :taz:

Not 100% sure what your meaning is here, but if you are suggesting that prisoners of war are in a position to take you out, and therefore you are justified in torturing them - I disagree with you.

Bodo[/quote]

No, i dont mean POW’s, I’m talking about being in the mist of battle.

[quote]Sorry, but this statement is not true. During war, Honor means taking care of (and being an active part) of your small unit. Knowing that the person nest to you is watching out for your back, just as you are watching out for theirs.

It also means recognizing that the other guy, on the other side (if they Have Any BEANS at all), feels the same way you do. All firepower and weaponry aside, it all comes down to fighting spirit. At least at the small unit size scenario.

In fact, as an army brat, and former member of an artillery regiment (mock all you want, we’re still the best friend of a hard-pressed infantry), this thread (and many others) exhibits a quite shocking ignorance of military means and ways. [/quote]

I’m not talking about HOnor amongst your unit. As i read it, TC was telling me that soliders have an honor code that drives their behaviour in war. And I’m saying that when your life is at stake, you aren’t thinking about honor. YOu’re thinking about survival. As the case in ME.
It’s not that some fool took a camera to Abu, (what did he/she think they were going on vacation or sumthin’ :loco: ) but IMO a bit of karma rearing her head.

This is one of those unfortunate times I find myself agreeing with Tainan Cowboy. While I generally find his politics repulsive, I can not believe the US military, as an institution, would formally train soldiers to rape women. I can believe, based on my experience of graduates of the Air Force Academy, that students there discuss this practice openly. I can also believe that this is the basis of a story that when told 3rd or 4th hand on the forumosa bulletin board has become official Air Force policy. But quite honestly, I doubt anyone who has first-hand experience with the military would accept this.

While this story was told to me 1st person. This calls into question the numerous rapes told and untold that occur in the Air Force Academy. While the Academy may not train it’s soliders to use rape as a tactic, it certainly isn’t condemed from happening on it’s own grounds. And if you question that, then :google:

But this is an entirely different thing than what you said originally, which was

It’s very difficult to read this statement as anything other than a belief it is official policy of the Air Force Academy. As I have said, some of the most discustingly sexist people I have ever met are graduates of the US Air Force Academy, so you won’t find me arguing that it’s not a breeding ground for pigs. But there’s no way on Earth that personnel in the US Air force are taught to rape women

:laughing:

Actually, the more you know him the more you will like him. He’s a cantakerous bastard, but he does have a heart. Oh, and actually I’ve never met him.

HG

“Huang Guang Chen”. [quote]He’s a cantakerous bastard,
HG[/quote]

He’s a lustful bastard at the moment. Look at his avatar :bravo:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Namahottie”]In the summer of 2004, I was in China. I roomed with a girl who had been in the Air Force academy(?) in Colorado. Being a woman in the Air Force she had to deal with the presure of being in a patriarchal enviorment. So, she sought out conselling. During one of her sessions, she told me that her threapist had discussed with her various methods that are taught to soldiers to enable them to create pressure on a family in order for them give up the infidel of the family.

A solider is trained to rape the women in the family. Beginning with the youngest and working their way up to the oldest. All this in front of the men. Of course it is designed to deteriorate the will of the men, making them give into the pressure. . .[/quote]

Nama -
I do not believe this story at all. . . this violates the Honor Code of the AF Academy. . .[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote]When five female Air Force Academy cadets reported that they had been raped by classmates, they sought some support from the military.

Instead, they were treated as if they were either crazy or promiscuous, says a former Air Force captain and founder of a group that tracks sexual assaults in the military.

The women say they were reprimanded for reporting the attack, and four have left the academy.[/quote]
cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/ … 0820.shtml

notinourname.net/troops/rape … 9aug03.htm

[quote]The Air Force has identified 54 cases of rape or sexual assault in its investigation into impropriety at the Air Force Academy and there are likely many more cadets who will not come forward, Air Force Secretary James Roche said Thursday.

“The part that is the saddest thing … whatever we see, whatever the number is, 25, 50, there are probably a hundred more that we do not see,” Roche said during a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee. . .

Sen. Wayne Allard, R-Colo., said he believes the situation at the academy is worse than the 1991 Tailhook Scandal

MT, thanks for the links :slight_smile:

[quote=“zarathustra”]But there’s no way on Earth that personnel in the US Air force are taught to rape women
[/quote] It’s not like they need a lesson on that. It’s more like they’ll be ordered to rape a woman and they have to follow orders. I have no doubt shit like this happens and far worse…

I agree with The Gingerman, civilians do not know the half of it.

bobepine

I don’t care anymore. Torture away. Nuke Iran. I won’t notice, I’m desensitized.